PDA

View Full Version : problems with slimserver behavior

oscuridad
2005-10-22, 11:06
I just istalled the lates slimserver build (6.1)
and I used to have the server set to play other songs of the album
whenever I chose to play one song from a folder.

The option is still on but when I do it, the slimserver just puts plays that one song...

I double check the settings under the behavior tab under server settings and the problem keeps arsing...any help?

oscuridad
2005-10-22, 15:01
anyone?? This puzzles me, the older version did not have this problem...I am thinking about downgrading...

mherger
2005-10-23, 00:54
> anyone?? This puzzles me, the older version did not have this
> problem...I am thinking about downgrading...

Rather think about upgrading to the latest 6.2 release.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

oscuridad
2005-10-25, 06:46
> anyone?? This puzzles me, the older version did not have this
> problem...I am thinking about downgrading...

Rather think about upgrading to the latest 6.2 release.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Well, I wiil do that if someone can assure me that build is not having this problem. I find it irritating that the server seems to ignore the setting I wish to use...

JohnD76
2005-10-25, 07:08
I installed 6.2 this morning and found I can only play a single track at a time, I use VBR WMA encoded files. This makes the my SB2 useless really. I have uninstalled 6.2 and installed 6.1.1 and all is back to normal.

Not sure if this is related to your problem though.

oscuridad
2005-10-25, 07:12
Well, if you went to your music folder or album and chose only one song and the server chose only THAT song from the Album then you are having my same problem.

Now, if you tried playing the whole album and only one song played, well, that is a new problem all together and is even worst than my problem...

Anybody else having this issues?

narlus
2005-10-25, 09:30
i just recently installed slimserver 6.2 and it made a huge difference in my PC...before, 6.1.2 would take a HUGE amount of CPU time...literally >95% of the CPU and wouldn't allow the PC to do much of anything else. the newer version seems to have cleared that problem completely. not sure what the root issue was, but i'm glad it's gone!

JJZolx
2005-10-25, 10:18
Well, if you went to your music folder or album and chose only one song and the server chose only THAT song from the Album then you are having my same problem.

Now, if you tried playing the whole album and only one song played, well, that is a new problem all together and is even worst than my problem...

Anybody else having this issues?
You probably need to clarify the problem a bit more. Are you seeing this while using the remote or are you in the web interface? Which browse mode are you using? And does it do the same thing if you use a different browse mode?

MrC
2005-10-25, 10:46
oscuridad, the setting seems to affect the Play button on the remote, but not the play buttons in the web interface. This is indicated in the settings description:

When you select a single song and press PLAY on the remote...

For the web interface, the play button's function would be a skin designer's choice I suppose. None of the Fishbone, Default2, nor ExBrowse3 skins seem to use the setting.

kdf
2005-10-25, 11:01
Quoting MrC <MrC.1xgylb (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> For the web interface, the play button's function would be a skin
> designer's choice I suppose. None of the Fishbone, Default2, nor
> ExBrowse3 skins seem to use the setting.

It would be very tricky for a skin to use that setting. The server
coughs up a
list of items for the skins to display. The skins generate queries for
passing
commands, essentially, to the CLI. The player interface is a different set of
code, and ever so slightly more contenxtual. The code to play other tracks
from an album is in the player UI modules.

As you noted, the description of the pref states it is for PLAY on the remote
only. ADD does not follow this setting, nor does the web. As for why the
design is like that, I'd have to let SD answer that.

-kdf

oscuridad
2005-10-25, 22:10
Ok, I will clarify the problem again...take note:

Under the "Behavior" tab on the "server settings" page there is an option that states:

Play other songs in album

When you select a single song and press PLAY on the remote, while browsing albums, you can choose to play just that song or all the songs in that album, starting with that song.

You have two options under the little window there, those options are:
Play other songs in album
or
Play only selected song

Now, I selected Play other songs in album, wich means if I press Play selecting only one son I should get the subsequent songs of that album on my playlist.

In the past this worked perfectly, using my remote or the browser, I got what I selected.

Now with 6.1.1, whenever I click only one song I get that only song.

This happens on any browsing mode, using both the remote or the web interface.

I am using the default skin as I have always have.

Hope this helps you all to help me!

kdf
2005-10-25, 22:34
On 25-Oct-05, at 10:10 PM, oscuridad wrote:
>
> Now with 6.1.1, whenever I click only one song I get that only song.
>

This should be fixed with 6.2.0, if that helps.
-kdf

oscuridad
2005-10-26, 06:48
well, I just installed 6.2 and the problem persists.
M

mattybain
2005-10-26, 06:58
Well I agree it appears broken on 6.2 although I have to confess I didn't know the setting existed before reading this post.

Mine appears to be set on Play other songs in album and directory by default. Does anyone know how long this has been the default as I have never seen this behaviour on any of the previous versions of slimserver I have used.

Can't you just play the whole album and then skip to the right song, very easy on the web browser although probably a little more tricky using the remote.

mattybain
2005-10-26, 07:03
Scratch that post, I am talking absolute rubbish. It works fine on my 6.2 from my remote but not from web interface. However I think this is how it is designed.

I blame being at home ill, my mind isn't working as well as it should.

oscuridad
2005-10-26, 08:19
Mattybain:

Since I own my squeezbox its been the default (I own a SB1, so figure the time I have had it!)

It was until I installed 6.1 that this started happening...with 6.1. it was not working they way i was used to (for the server to play the next tracks by default)With 6.2 I have only tested the browser, I am at work and cannot use the remote right now :-) !

Your solution is plausible, and I have being doing that...but, I was spoiled by just chosing a song and then the server to serve me the other songs...and I used it a lot, for example, on the new Mars Volta album the last five songs are really a huge 13 minute song...normally I chose the first song that leaded to the others and listen non-stop with the touch of a button..now if I do that I get stuck on a loop with that only song..so I have to go back, start the album and skip to the song and let it evolve...It is nitpicky, I know!, but I was so used to the other way...

:-(

oscuridad
2005-10-26, 09:09
anyone have had the same issue?

Mitch Harding
2005-10-26, 09:25
Just an aside:

The best way to get this fixed would be to file a bug report:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/

>From what you've said this is pretty clearly a regression bug. Given that,
it would probably be easy for them to track down. Just get the bug open, and
then anyone else who sees it can vote on it. E-mailing about it isn't bad,
but it won't lead to a fix as quickly.

On 10/26/05, oscuridad <oscuridad.1xiomr (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> anyone have had the same issue?
>
>
> --
> oscuridad
>

oscuridad
2005-10-28, 08:18
...update...

As one of the posters stated before:

It works with the remote....not with the browser...

I am happy now...Thanks for all the help!!