PDA

View Full Version : web interface problem ?

giulianoz
2005-10-21, 04:06
Hi

on windows xp when I doblue click on the slimtray the default web browser pops up. sometimes it opens "localhost.be" instead of "localhost". this happens since my first slimserver install (august) and continues up to the lasets beta I tried (20/10). Do you have any idea about this one ?

there are no "strange" entries in the hosts file so maybe it a DNS problem (I'm using 213.234.128.211 and 212.216.112.112 as provided by my ISP)

thanks

giuliano

Niek Jongerius
2005-10-21, 04:16
> on windows xp when I doblue click on the slimtray the default web
> browser pops up. sometimes it opens "localhost.be" instead of
> "localhost". this happens since my first slimserver install (august)
> and continues up to the lasets beta I tried (20/10). Do you have any
> idea about this one ?

Is there an entry "127.0.0.1 localhost" in your hosts file?

Niek.

giulianoz
2005-10-21, 04:41
> on windows xp when I doblue click on the slimtray the default web
> browser pops up. sometimes it opens "localhost.be" instead of
> "localhost". this happens since my first slimserver install (august)
> and continues up to the lasets beta I tried (20/10). Do you have any
> idea about this one ?

Is there an entry "127.0.0.1 localhost" in your hosts file?

Niek.

yes the localhost is defined as 127.0.0.1

giuliano

MrC
2005-10-21, 09:49
Your system by default will look first in the hosts file, and then query DNS if items are not found. It is also doubtful that your ISPs DNS servers have incorrect entries for localhost. ( In fact, the first DNS server you list does not have any entries for localhost., and the second one has a correct entry for localhost. )

The most likely cause is that you are a Firefox or Mozilla user. If so, set keyword.enabled to false in about:config.

Enter about:config in the URL line, and set keyword.enabled to false.

giulianoz
2005-10-21, 10:25
Your system by default will look first in the hosts file, and then query DNS if items are not found. It is also doubtful that your ISPs DNS servers have incorrect entries for localhost. ( In fact, the first DNS server you list does not have any entries for localhost., and the second one has a correct entry for localhost. )

The most likely cause is that you are a Firefox or Mozilla user. If so, set keyword.enabled to false in about:config.

Enter about:config in the URL line, and set keyword.enabled to false.

Hi,
I've just set the keyword.enable to false. I hope it will work :)

thanks

giuliano