PDA

View Full Version : Questions about SB2

paulmaz
2005-10-19, 21:05
I am looking to purchse the SB2, looks really slick, and good price.

I currently run on my PC MUSICMATCH Jukebox by Dell, and I have ripped most of my CDs with this software, and they are stored as MP3s on my PC. Will this be an issue using the SlimServer Software?

I also have a couple of WMA files, which i bought from their online store (musicmatch.com) Will they work OK with the SlimServer software?

One more! I just signed up for Cable Internet from Comcast, and they offer Rhapsody Radio PLUS for free. Can I use this to listen to music? If not, are there other ways to stream internet radio for free?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

ceejay
2005-10-20, 00:03
I am looking to purchse the SB2, looks really slick, and good price.

I currently run on my PC MUSICMATCH Jukebox by Dell, and I have ripped most of my CDs with this software, and they are stored as MP3s on my PC. Will this be an issue using the SlimServer Software?

I also have a couple of WMA files, which i bought from their online store (musicmatch.com) Will they work OK with the SlimServer software?

One more! I just signed up for Cable Internet from Comcast, and they offer Rhapsody Radio PLUS for free. Can I use this to listen to music? If not, are there other ways to stream internet radio for free?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

(1) Slimserver doesn't care where your MP3s came from. It will work better if they are well tagged, which hopefully they are. You could always fix the tags after the event with a separate tagger such as mp3tag (free download).

(2) downloaded WMAs... not if they came with DRM

(3) not sure about that internet radio station,but slimserver works well with most... comes preconfigured to work for shoutcast and many others

Depending on what the rest of your kit is like, and how compressed your MP3s are, you may well find that you are not getting the full potential of your music. You might want to consider re-ripping to lossless (e.g. FLAC) or a higher bit rate MP3 (eg 320k). Try a few and see how they sound.

Oh, and download slimserver and softsqueeze now to try it all out. Its free, and you'll be able to try some of the internet radio stuff out.

Ceejay