PDA

View Full Version : Database deletes



Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-04, 01:36
On startup, I'm getting a large number of:
2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Tapes/ANDREW CASH/Boomtown from cache as it
has changed
2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Unsorted/NIRVANA/Nirvana - Unplugged in New
York (1994)/Nirvana - 08 - On A Plain.mp3 from cache as couldn't confirm it's vali
dity


This is happening even between restarts only a minute apart with no changes
being made to any files. Is this expected?

-kdf

Richard Purdie
2003-12-04, 03:47
> On startup, I'm getting a large number of:
> 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Tapes/ANDREW CASH/Boomtown from
cache as it
> has changed
> 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Unsorted/NIRVANA/Nirvana - Unplugged
in New
> York (1994)/Nirvana - 08 - On A Plain.mp3 from cache as couldn't confirm
it's vali
> dity
>
> This is happening even between restarts only a minute apart with no
changes
> being made to any files. Is this expected?

In a word, no. :)

Have you applied the two patches I sent to the list or not?

RP

Richard Purdie
2003-12-04, 04:04
> On startup, I'm getting a large number of:
> 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Tapes/ANDREW CASH/Boomtown from
cache as it
> has changed
> 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Unsorted/NIRVANA/Nirvana - Unplugged
in New
> York (1994)/Nirvana - 08 - On A Plain.mp3 from cache as couldn't confirm
it's vali
> dity
>
>
> This is happening even between restarts only a minute apart with no
changes
> being made to any files. Is this expected?

Further to my other mail, if you're still having this problem, the attached
patch will give a lot more debug info and should explain why the cached
entries aren't being used...

Dean: The attached patch should also be applied to CVS on top of the other
two.

RP

Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-04, 10:54
Quoting Richard Purdie <rpurdie (AT) rpsys (DOT) net>:

> > On startup, I'm getting a large number of:
> > 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Tapes/ANDREW CASH/Boomtown from
> cache as it
> > has changed
> > 2003-12-04 00:33:18 deleting /mnt/mp3/Unsorted/NIRVANA/Nirvana - Unplugged
> in New
> > York (1994)/Nirvana - 08 - On A Plain.mp3 from cache as couldn't confirm
> it's vali
> > dity
> >
> > This is happening even between restarts only a minute apart with no
> changes
> > being made to any files. Is this expected?
>
> In a word, no. :)
>
> Have you applied the two patches I sent to the list or not?

yes. I used patch, and didn't get any error messages to make me think otherwise.
-kdf

dean
2003-12-04, 11:29
On Dec 4, 2003, at 9:54 AM, Kevin Deane-Freeman wrote:
> yes. I used patch, and didn't get any error messages to make me think
> otherwise.

You know, I used the patch too it gave me a rash. I vowed never to buy
anything offered in a spam message again.

Kevin Deane-Freeman
2003-12-04, 11:31
Quoting dean blackketter <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>:

>
> On Dec 4, 2003, at 9:54 AM, Kevin Deane-Freeman wrote:
> > yes. I used patch, and didn't get any error messages to make me think
> > otherwise.
>
> You know, I used the patch too it gave me a rash.

Are you sure that wasn't Sean?

> I vowed never to buy
> anything offered in a spam message again.

so much for those extra inches then....