PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 nightlies/AudioScrobbler/SlimScrobbler

el payo
2005-10-07, 12:56
Is anyone able to use the SlimScrobbler plug-in with
the 6.2 builds? I can't configure the plug-in through
the web interface as the authors describe. Is there an
alternate way to do this by editing the .pm file?

Thanks in advance.

snarlydwarf
2005-10-07, 13:36
I'm on the 10/02 nightly at the moment (will be upgrading tonight...) and AudioScrobbler's working fine for me. Is it loading the plugin?

Dave Dewey
2005-10-07, 14:54
Quoting Steve Payonzeck (stevepayo (AT) yahoo (DOT) com):

> Is anyone able to use the SlimScrobbler plug-in with
> the 6.2 builds? I can't configure the plug-in through
> the web interface as the authors describe. Is there an
> alternate way to do this by editing the .pm file?

Make sure you are using the latest plugin from slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net
Mine didn't work either when I upgraded to 6.2 until I upgraded the plugin.

dave

el payo
2005-10-08, 00:45
I'm on the 10/02 nightly at the moment (will be upgrading tonight...) and AudioScrobbler's working fine for me. Is it loading the plugin?

I am using the sourceforge latest build of the plug-in. The plug-in does not appear in the plug-ins list in the web interface of Slim Server, I'll have to take a look at the log and see if it's loading.

el payo
2005-10-08, 00:46
Quoting Steve Payonzeck (stevepayo (AT) yahoo (DOT) com):

> Is anyone able to use the SlimScrobbler plug-in with
> the 6.2 builds? I can't configure the plug-in through
> the web interface as the authors describe. Is there an
> alternate way to do this by editing the .pm file?

Make sure you are using the latest plugin from slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net
Mine didn't work either when I upgraded to 6.2 until I upgraded the plugin.

dave

I'm using the latest plug-in. No joy for me. I'm on OSX 10.4.2 - though I doubt platform is an issue.

Diarmuid
2005-10-08, 03:35
Make sure you update the version of Slimscrobbler using CVS. Search the discussion to see how

el payo
2005-10-10, 10:35
Make sure you update the version of Slimscrobbler using CVS. Search the discussion to see how

Yes, I am have the current CVS version of SlimScrobbler. The LastFM plugin is installed and working fine - is SlimScrobbler even necessary if I'm using LastFM?

snarlydwarf
2005-10-10, 10:50
Yeah, they do different things: the LastFM plugins plays LastFM stations. The SlimScrobbler plugin reports your liistening habits.

el payo
2005-10-10, 12:18
Yeah, they do different things: the LastFM plugins plays LastFM stations. The SlimScrobbler plugin reports your liistening habits.

I figured that was the case. The LastFM plugin reports what it has played back to the Audio Scrobbler database at LastFM, so I was hoping it might report everything.

As it stands, using the current (.34) CVS version of SlimScrobbler is simply not happening for me. And even with the debug flag on I get no reports of it attempting to load.

Does SlimScrobbler have different perl dependencies than LastFM plugin?

Anyone else on OSX 10.4.2 running the nightly build with SlimScrobbler working?

iwp
2005-10-11, 05:40
Hi Payo,

As far as I'm aware, both the released and CVS versions of SlimScrobbler ought to work with the 6.2 betas - though I don't have access to a Mac so I can't test it on that platform.

If the admin panel is not showing, then the plugin hasn't been loaded. Check that both Scrobbler.pm and the SlimScrobbleSupport directory are available in the Plugins directory. If they are, run the server with the d_plugins flag set (you usually need to start the server with this option at a command-line, it doesn't help to set it through the server's web interface, because we need trace from startup). The d_plugins output ought to suggest why it couldn't load SlimScrobbler.

Cheers,

Ian

el payo
2005-10-11, 18:49
Hi Payo,
Check that both Scrobbler.pm and the SlimScrobbleSupport directory are available in the Plugins directory. If they are, run the server with the d_plugins flag set (you usually need to start the server with this option at a command-line, it doesn't help to set it through the server's web interface, because we need trace from startup). The d_plugins output ought to suggest why it couldn't load SlimScrobbler.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian,

The plugin and support folder are in the right place. I have tried to set the debug flag but didn't realize I needed to do it from the cl. I've done that, here's the result:

./slimserver.pl -d_plugin2005-10-11 18:46:04.5087 Can't require Plugins::Scrobbler for Plugins menu: Can't locate Math/Round.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins/SlimScrobbleSupport /Library/SlimDevices/ /Users/payote/Library/SlimDevices /Users/payote/Library/SlimDevices/Plugins/ /Library/SlimDevices/Plugins/ /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/arch/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/arch/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/arch/5.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/arch/5.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto /Users/payote/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/CPAN/arch/darwin-thread-multi-2level /sw/lib/perl5 /sw/lib/perl5/darwin /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.1 .) at /Users/payote/Library/SlimDevices/Plugins/Scrobbler.pm line 52.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Users/payote/Library/SlimDevices/Plugins/Scrobbler.pm line 52.

Compilation failed in require at (eval 65) line 3.

el payo
2005-10-11, 19:06
OK, so the problem seems to be this. With SlimServer installed for single user in OSX, the Scrobbler plug-in is looking in the wrong place... it should look for plug-ins in ~/username/Library/SlimDevices/Plugins but looks instead in the SlimServer pref pane plugins folder. Moving Scrobber.pm and SlimScrobbleSupport into the SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins/ directory solves the problem.

el payo
2005-10-11, 19:13
OK, SlimServer is correctly reporting to last.fm now. Thanks for your help guys.

This problem likely wouldn't occur if I'd chosen the 'Install for all users' option when installing SlimServer. Ordinarily I don't install for single user, but I guess I decided to be stingy.

el payo
2005-10-11, 20:14
I should mention that as a result of this error log I compiled Math::Round via CPAN - doing this got through the error at line 52, but gave me a new error at line 57 in the Scrobbler plug-in, that's when I just decided to move SlimScrobbleSupport and Scrobbler.pm into the SlimServer.prefpane itself.

I have to manually move these two files into the prefpane each time I update to the newest nightly.

Tracking down this error also allowed me to solve a problem I was having with th iTunes Update plugin. Again I needed to move the plugin directly into the SlimServer.prefpane -- Either I have a seriously messed up PATH file or this is a common problem across a number of plugins.

Craig, James (IT)
2005-10-12, 02:24
>Tracking down this error also allowed me to solve a problem I was
>having with th iTunes Update plugin. Again I needed to move the plugin
>directly into the SlimServer.prefpane -- Either I have a seriously
>messed up PATH file or this is a common problem across a number of
>plugins.

I think this has come up quite a few times now with various plugins -
not sure if anyone raised a bug for it?

James (not a Mac user)
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.