PDA

View Full Version : Recent wireless issues with SB2



CavesOfTQLT
2005-10-04, 16:07
Just an update as I'd promised...

After sending Belkin an e-mail regarding the break-up issue I'd been having with my SB2, they suggested enabling the UPnP function on the router. So I did, and fingers crossed (hoping not to tempt any fate here ;)) but the SB2 seems to be functioning great now. I've done this, that, and the other to try to recreate the break-ups but it's going okay. So so far I'm real happy with it. Thanks once again to everyone who helped me previously, and apologies were sent to SlimDevices (well Kevin in particular) for an error on my part during communications with same.

Regards
Robbie

seanadams
2005-10-04, 18:35
Just an update as I'd promised...

After sending Belkin an e-mail regarding the break-up issue I'd been having with my SB2, they suggested enabling the UPnP function on the router. So I did, and fingers crossed (hoping not to tempt any fate here ;)) but the SB2 seems to be functioning great now.

Interesting - our products don't use UPNP. Assuming Belkin didn't give any other explanation, we have to wonder whether they are aware of some issue being triggered specifically by SB2, or whether the router does weird things in general when UPNP is disabled... we'll contact them.