PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Unable to connect to wireless network

matt1711
2005-10-03, 06:20
I have just bought a squeezebox 2 and even though it recognizes my wireless connection (belkin wireless), when it comes to actually connecting to it, it won't connect, it just comes up wioth the message: "Problem: Unable to connect to wireless network" !!!. This happens every time. I have a belkin wireless router and I'm sure there is something stopping it from letting my squeezebox connecting to the wireless connection. I have no security enabled on the router so I'm at a loss as to why my squeezebox won't connect. Please help !!!!

ceejay
2005-10-03, 10:39
I have no security enabled on the router so I'm at a loss as to why my squeezebox won't connect. Please help !!!!

A few random thoughts:

(1) I'm sure you weren't really planning to leave it with no security, were you? Please tell us you've just done it this way for now while you're problem solving...

(2) reduce risk of signal loss by putting SB2 next to router for testing

(3) if you can, temporarily connect by wired instead of wireless

(4) Not sure whether "no security" also means no SSID set on your wireless... something that's caught me more than once is forgetting that SSIDs are case sensitive, what you enter on the SB2 must match exactly the SSID on the router

(5) have you got any other wireless devices to prove that the wireless network itself is working

Try this for starters and let us know how you get on...

Ceejay

matt1711
2005-10-03, 12:37
Thasnks for the reply. I'm going to try a few troubleshooting things and see how I get on. Fingers crossed ! Much appreciated