PDA

View Full Version : SB2 not powering up !!

mbsb2
2005-09-30, 09:15
Any reason why a new SB2 would not power up ? It's completely dead, no response on any key on the remote. Device seems to be a bit warm on the back, so power is coming to it.
SlimeServer is up and running on a PC and DSL router and SB2 are connected via ethernet cable (though it is wireless model).

ceejay
2005-09-30, 10:40
I had a similar problem when I got mine, some months ago. At that time there was a batch which suffered from a loose board. It was meant to be fixed in recent models, though yours may have been sitting in inventory somewhere.

See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14789

There are other possible causes, of course!!

Ceejay

mbsb2
2005-09-30, 11:04
I see.... bad luck, very dissapointing. I will return it for replacement. Thanks all.

max.spicer
2005-09-30, 11:16
Before you do, email support@slimdevices.com!

Max

I see.... bad luck, very dissapointing. I will return it for replacement. Thanks all.

ceejay
2005-09-30, 13:58

If you follow the thread you'll find simple directions for fixing the problem yourself, should you feel so inclined (I did - it took me about five minutes).

Or as I said it might be something completely different, so, as Max suggests, its well worth trying the support guys...

Ceejay.