PDA

View Full Version : Not working!!!???!!!

oli
2005-09-30, 07:50
Just plugged in and am getting all my music displayed on the SB2 but when I select an album/track to play nothing is happening. I don't think it is a connection issue between the hifi and SB2 as when I hit the 'Now Playing' button on the remote the time counter is not moving, suggesting that the track is not playing.

What's going on? Please help as I'm eager to play with my new toy!

Cheers!

Oli

MrC
2005-09-30, 08:14
Sorry for the possibly silly resonse... did you hit Play?

ceejay
2005-09-30, 08:17
(1) I think there are some circumstances in which you have to press "play" twice to actually make it go (not pinned down which circumstances yet, or I'd have filed a bug) - so try pressing play twice.

(2) Try making something play using the browser interface on your PC, this should at least eliminate some potential problem areas

Ceejay

oli
2005-09-30, 08:18
Yup. The radio stations aren't palying either, and I've also tried connecting through my headphones and still no joy. Is there a number in the UK that I can call?

max.spicer
2005-09-30, 08:21
Email support@slimdevices.com. If necessary, they'll probably call you back. You could also try ringing the people you brought it from. Some resellers (not Dabs!) support the devices themselves. SlimDevices is your best first port of call though - they'll be up in a bit as well!

Max

Yup. The radio stations aren't palying either, and I've also tried connecting through my headphones and still no joy. Is there a number in the UK that I can call?

ceejay
2005-09-30, 08:21
Many people report excellent service by emailing support(at)slimdevices(dot)com

Ceejay

GoCubs
2005-09-30, 08:29

Does the display show that it's playing? If so, did you try raising the volume using the SlimDevices remote? I know it's kind of obvious, but mine somehow gets reset from time to time.

-Greg

seanadams
2005-09-30, 08:50
Just plugged in and am getting all my music displayed on the SB2 but when I select an album/track to play nothing is happening. I don't think it is a connection issue between the hifi and SB2 as when I hit the 'Now Playing' button on the remote the time counter is not moving, suggesting that the track is not playing.

Cheers!

Oli

Please try this:

Press and hold power until it resets
When the Slim Devices logo appears, press "1"

oli
2005-09-30, 09:00
Tried all of the above (thanks for replying so quickly guys) but the problem persists. I've sent support an email and am awaiting a reply. Any other suggestions? I'd really love to get this working for the weekend.

Cheers!

Oli

max.spicer
2005-09-30, 09:03
What does that do? I nearly tried it out of curiosity, but thought it might be safer to ask. ;-)

Max

Please try this:

Press and hold power until it resets
When the Slim Devices logo appears, press "1"

oli
2005-09-30, 09:05
Just puts the unit back into setup mode you get when first installing. Any more ideas guys?

Cheers

Oli

seanadams
2005-09-30, 13:49
Just puts the unit back into setup mode you get when first installing. Any more ideas guys?

Cheers

Oli

You should see a screen that says "programming xilinx" for about 40 seconds, and then it will reset.

If you didn't see that, try it again.

seanadams
2005-09-30, 13:51
What does that do? I nearly tried it out of curiosity, but thought it might be safer to ask. ;-)

Max

It reconfigures the xilinx programmable logic chip which handles the DAC and s/pdif interfaces.

audiofi
2005-09-30, 13:54
One other thing you could try if the other suggestions haven't worked.

On the PC, load up task manager (I'm assuming its Windows), click the processes tab and end the process called flac.exe. This should restart and in my case the music may kick in again.

Yes, some retailers do support them themselves, I'm always happy to help customers, if it doesn't work, I can't help but feel I have let them down!

Andrew

oli
2005-10-01, 11:33
Everything's working now. I think it was the fix suggested by Sean that did the trick, although in my panic to get things working I lost track of the exact order of events.
This unit really does seem to deserve all the praise it gets. Although I haven't yet A/B'd with my Meridian 598 DVD player the sound quality seems very good. I'm also very impressed by the level of support provided by this forum and the SlimDevices crew. This played a significant part in my decision to opt for the SB2 over it's competitors.

Great product, great support, great forum. Keep up the good work guys!

Cheers!

Oli