PDA

View Full Version : Display album year when browsing by artist?

TinkerMan
2005-09-28, 13:57
In the web interface, I see there is an option to display the ablum year when browsing by album. Is it possible to configure it to also show the album year when browsing by artist? This is the way I usually navigate and it would be very helpful to have this info.

-Toby

kdf
2005-09-28, 14:59
Quoting TinkerMan <TinkerMan.1w37e0 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> In the web interface, I see there is an option to display the ablum year
> when browsing by album. Is it possible to configure it to also show the
> album year when browsing by artist? This is the way I usually navigate
> and it would be very helpful to have this info.

If you choose to showYEar, year should show any any level that is an album list.
In just a list of artists, there is no year to show (unless you want ot know
their birthdate, perhaps).

-k

TinkerMan
2005-09-29, 01:28
What I would like to see is: browse by artist -> then into their albums but with the year appended to the album name in brackets. I have hundreds of albums so browsing by album doesn't really work for me. So I browse by artist, but many artists have many albums, e.g. Bob Marley. It would be really useful to be able to know the year of each album so I could tell which are early vs later albums.

On my file server I store my music by artist -> album (plus year) -> tracks. I tried using Browse Music Folder, which works for the album year as it's using the folder names, but doesn't work at the track level as it displays the file name rather than the tags and my file names are in the format "[artist] - [album] - [track no] - [track name].mp3" which makes them too long for the display on SB2 for ease of use.

From the web interface I tried changing "Sort By File Name" to "sort by song information" but this didn't seem to change the display for Browse Music Folder. Changing the album tags for all my mp3s to include the album year is not an option.

I don't think I am able to do what I want. Am I wrong?