PDA

View Full Version : Players stops after current song if powered off

max.spicer
2005-09-28, 09:37
I know this is an old bug, but I thought it was fixed. If I turn my player off in the middle of a song on a playlist then turn it on again, it remembers the position of the song and plays it when I press play, but then stops at the end of that song. I have to press play again to make it play the rest of the playlist. Was this ever fixed, or am I just imagining it?

Max

dean
2005-09-28, 10:22
I don't remember seeing this bug before. Can you file it?

Thanks,

dean

On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:37 AM, max.spicer wrote:

>
> I know this is an old bug, but I thought it was fixed. If I turn my
> player off in the middle of a song on a playlist then turn it on
> again,
> it remembers the position of the song and plays it when I press play,
> but then stops at the end of that song. I have to press play again to
> make it play the rest of the playlist. Was this ever fixed, or am I
> just imagining it?
>
> Max
>
>
> --
> max.spicer
>
> The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
> teeth
> and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
> but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye
>

max.spicer
2005-09-28, 10:58
Okay, but I'm amazed that it's not already there. I've seen this discussed on the forums many times. http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2214

Max

I don't remember seeing this bug before. Can you file it?

Thanks,

dean

On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:37 AM, max.spicer wrote:

>
> I know this is an old bug, but I thought it was fixed. If I turn my
> player off in the middle of a song on a playlist then turn it on
> again,
> it remembers the position of the song and plays it when I press play,
> but then stops at the end of that song. I have to press play again to
> make it play the rest of the playlist. Was this ever fixed, or am I
> just imagining it?

Triode
2005-09-28, 11:15
Max,

Is the player synchronised? (Or has it every been - if you know)

max.spicer
2005-09-28, 12:00
I've on occasions tried to synchronise it to softsqueeze, but haven't done that for a while as I've never managed to get it to stay in sync for more than a track. It's possible that it's currently in a sync group, but I haven't turned on the other player (softsqueeze on my pc) for a long time.

Max

Max,

Triode
2005-09-28, 12:05
OK, but does slimserver show Softsqueeze as a known player? If so does it think it is on or off?

Triode
2005-09-28, 12:10
Could you try synchronising the players and then unsynching them. This should remove any sychronisation related state on the latest 6.2.

oreillymj
2005-09-28, 12:15
I think this is related to the bug I filed recently http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2169 where the player stops at the end of a song if you pause/resume within the last minute or so of the end of a track.

I'm only guessing, but I think the player does not move to the next item in the playlist if it starts playing the remainder of a song from it's buffer.

max.spicer
2005-09-28, 12:34
The server only shows settings for my SB2. However, I've noticed before that it remembers settings about players even when they aren't listed (and even when I've told it to forget them!).

Max

OK, but does slimserver show Softsqueeze as a known player? If so does it think it is on or off?

max.spicer
2005-09-28, 12:35
Will do, but not today as my pc isn't terribly accessible atm.

Max

Could you try synchronising the players and then unsynching them. This should remove any sychronisation related state on the latest 6.2.

markcaines
2005-10-03, 06:09
I have a similar issue. I have softsqueeze and my sb2 synched. That's all fine, but if I close softsqueeze, then my sb2 will stop at the end of each song and become really slow to respond to the remote. Only by rebooting my computer can I get back to normal behaviour.

Mark
OS X (10.4.2)
SS 6.2

mbonsack
2005-10-03, 07:52
Max,

I have this bug and my SB2 has never been synched with anything else.

MeSue
2005-10-03, 08:18
I have this bug and my SB2 has never been synched with anything else.
So do I. I thought it was fixed for a while (maybe when I was still on 6.1.2), but it's definitely still there in 6.2 as recent as 9/30.

cbemoore
2005-10-03, 08:30
So do I. I thought it was fixed for a while (maybe when I was still on 6.1.2), but it's definitely still there in 6.2 as recent as 9/30.

Me too.....

max.spicer
2005-10-03, 09:43
It doesn't seem to be happening any more, but then others are saying it does for them. I'll keep looking out and post back any further info I get.

Max

MeSue
2005-10-03, 10:11
It doesn't seem to be happening any more, but then others are saying it does for them.
For me it only seems to happen when I pause or power off toward the end of a song. So I think 'oreillymj' is on to something with his theory about the buffer.

max.spicer
2005-10-03, 10:23
You're quite right. I just let a track go into the final 20 seconds then turned the device off. I turned it on again and pressed pause to start the track. The track finished, but the next track never started.

Max

For me it only seems to happen when I pause or power off toward the end of a song. So I think 'oreillymj' is on to something with his theory about the buffer.