PDA

View Full Version : SB2 identification problem since 23/9 nightly

TimM
2005-09-27, 07:23
I'm running the 23/9 nightly version with two SB2's, one wired, one wireless. For work reasons the wired SB runs off the router, and the wireless router runs straight from the server PC. The main reason for this is that the router is really there for my companies VPN, and I don't really want to be broadcasting this wirelessly to all and sundry.

I've been running in this configuration for about 6 weeks, with no real difficulties until Sunday night. At present the IP addresses of the two SB's are ####.012 and ####.013. As far as I know I have not changed anything to do with the network. However when I look at the slimserver gui, both players show the same IP address, the wireless one.

I have tried the following:- Forget both players and re connect both individually, i have tried this with static, and assigned IP's and each time the wireless SB seems to overwrite the wired SB. The IP address is also changed in the player information on the wired SB.

Both players are still capable of operating idependantly, and both can synchronise. However I have experienced a couple of unexplained system freezes since this happened.

Basically can anyone tell me, is this a slimserver or a network problem, and in either case any suggestions for a cure would be appreciated.

I would also like to say that I do like the way 6.2 is looking with random play and various atrists now looking really good.

Cheers

Tim

dean
2005-09-27, 08:35
Press and hold the RIGHT arrow and go back to the player setup menu,
then navigate into the View Current Settings and scroll to the MAC
address. Confirm that it's the same as the one listed on the bottom
of the player. If it's not, press RIGHT again and edit it. There
was a bug in older firmware that could cause the MAC address to get
corrupted.

Let us know if this fixes it.

Thanks,

dean

fcm4711
2005-09-27, 08:43
Hi Tim

What happens if you connect only one player at the time? Is the correct IP-address reported? Also what's the reported MAC address in this case? Does it match the MAC address stated on your player (label at the bottom)?

Felix

TimM
2005-10-02, 13:53
Hi Tim

What happens if you connect only one player at the time? Is the correct IP-address reported? Also what's the reported MAC address in this case? Does it match the MAC address stated on your player (label at the bottom)?

Felix

Most odd, the mac addresses are correct for both machines, at first I thought it was the wireless SB causing the problem, but it seems to only happen when I am fiddling about with the player settings. The players were not synched at the time. Anyway it sort of did the same thing today, but all that it did this time was over write the player name, and not the IP address. Really have no idea why this should be happening.

Ho hum.

Tim