PDA

View Full Version : My screen is crooked!

yubyub
2005-09-27, 02:38
I just received my Squeezebox2 last night, and noticed the display is crooked. The left hand side of the vacuum display is about 3/16 or so lower than the right hand side (in relation to the bottom of the unit).

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it easy to solve on your own?

dean
2005-09-27, 08:04
That's very strange, I've never heard of a display coming loose before.

If you are comfortable opening the unit with a torx screwdriver, see
if it's come loose from the plastic tabs that hold it in place.

If not, please contact your reseller for an exchange.

-dean

On Sep 27, 2005, at 2:38 AM, yubyub wrote:

>
> I just received my Squeezebox2 last night, and noticed the display is
> crooked. The left hand side of the vacuum display is about 3/16 or so
> lower than the right hand side (in relation to the bottom of the
> unit).
>
> Does anyone else have this problem? Is it easy to solve on your own?
>
>
> --
> yubyub
>

yubyub
2005-09-27, 08:09
Cool - I have no problem opening the device. I bought it directly from you, and I was hoping you wouldn't mind me opening the device (going through an exchange would deprive me of my new toy for a few days ;-).

I'm assuming since you're labelled as "Slim Devices CTO" that you're telling me it's okay to open the unit. It's not going to void my waranty or such?

max.spicer
2005-09-27, 08:26
From previous posts from SlimDevices, it would appear that the only way to actually invalidate your warranty is to take a hacksaw to the board (yes, people do do that...). That may not be exactly the official policy though. ;-)

Max

Cool - I have no problem opening the device. I bought it directly from you, and I was hoping you wouldn't mind me opening the device (going through an exchange would deprive me of my new toy for a few days ;-).

I'm assuming since you're labelled as "Slim Devices CTO" that you're telling me it's okay to open the unit. It's not going to void my waranty or such?

dean
2005-09-27, 08:30
On Sep 27, 2005, at 8:09 AM, yubyub wrote:

>
> Cool - I have no problem opening the device. I bought it directly
> from
> you, and I was hoping you wouldn't mind me opening the device (going
> through an exchange would deprive me of my new toy for a few days ;-).
I know your pain. :)

>
> I'm assuming since you're labelled as "Slim Devices CTO" that you're
> telling me it's okay to open the unit.
Yes.

> It's not going to void my
> waranty or such?
Nope, go ahead.

yubyub
2005-09-27, 09:30
From previous posts from SlimDevices, it would appear that the only way to actually invalidate your warranty is to take a hacksaw to the board (yes, people do do that...). That may not be exactly the official policy though. ;-)

Max
Thanks, I'll let you know what I find when I get the box opened.

Now, where's my hacksaw?

Michaelwagner
2005-10-04, 20:39
it would appear that the only way to actually invalidate your warranty is to take a hacksaw to the board
A company after my own heart.

When I was a kid, the first thing I did with every new present was take it apart and put it back together again. Confounded the hell out of my parents. Well, actually the first thing I did was read the manual cover to cover. Then I played with it for an hour or so to make sure it worked. Then I took it apart. Harder to do these days, tho ... glue instead of screws.

seanadams
2005-10-04, 20:45
Well, actually the first thing I did was read the manual cover to cover. Then I played with it for an hour or so to make sure it worked. Then I took it apart.

You did WHAT before taking it apart?!?!?

Here at Slim Devices, we have to buy two of everything...

Michaelwagner
2005-10-05, 04:15
You did WHAT before taking it apart?!?!?

Here at Slim Devices, we have to buy two of everything...
Job application, job application, where did I see the page with the job application form ....