PDA

View Full Version : Mulitple instances of same album



ndeb
2005-09-26, 10:52
Hi

I just downloaded the latest windows executable nightly (2005-09-26) and find that after a rescan I have 'acquired' hundreds of new albums. Seems that many albums are now appearing many times over - in the worst cases a separate instance for each track on the album. Seems also that it is typically - though I am not yet sure whether exclusively - confined albums featuring various different artists. Slimserver is set to 'use itunes', and I'm using itunes 4.9. Music is in a mixture of mp3 and AAC; library of around 12,000 tracks / 70GB. Never had this problem before.

Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to resolve this problem? Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere and I've failed to find it.

Thanks,

Nick

Dan Sully
2005-09-26, 10:59
* ndeb shaped the electrons to say...

>I just downloaded the latest windows executable nightly (2005-09-26)
>and find that after a rescan I have 'acquired' hundreds of new albums.
>Seems that many albums are now appearing many times over - in the worst
>cases a separate instance for each track on the album. Seems also that
>it is typically - though I am not yet sure whether exclusively -
>confined albums featuring various different artists. Slimserver is set
>to 'use itunes', and I'm using itunes 4.9. Music is in a mixture of mp3
>and AAC; library of around 12,000 tracks / 70GB. Never had this problem before.

How are the files arranged for these albums? Is it:

MusicDir/Various Artists/Album Name/Track 1
MusicDir/Various Artists/Album Name/Track 2

Or:

MusicDir/Artist 1/Album Name/Track X
MusicDir/Artist 2/Album Name/Track N

Thanks.

-D
--
Minds are like parachutes... they work best when open.

ndeb
2005-09-26, 11:09
Hi

They're organised as 'MusicDir/Various Artists/Album Name/Track 1'

Dan Sully
2005-09-26, 11:11
* ndeb shaped the electrons to say...

>They're organised as 'MusicDir/Various Artists/Album Name/Track 1'

Ok. Could you email me your iTunes Music.xml file? And let me know which are
some of the albums causing issues?

Thanks.

-D
--
<noah> I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.

ndeb
2005-09-26, 13:25
Happy to send it - can you let me know how, as even zipped it's way too large to send through this thread. Thanks, Nick

Dan Sully
2005-09-26, 13:32
* ndeb shaped the electrons to say...

>Happy to send it - can you let me know how, as even zipped it's way too
>large to send through this thread. Thanks, Nick

dan | at | slimdevices.com

-D
--
You know, for kids.

gorstk
2005-09-26, 14:19
ndeb wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just downloaded the latest windows executable nightly (2005-09-26)
> and find that after a rescan I have 'acquired' hundreds of new albums.
> Seems that many albums are now appearing many times over - in the worst
> cases a separate instance for each track on the album. Seems also that
> it is typically - though I am not yet sure whether exclusively -
> confined albums featuring various different artists. Slimserver is set
> to 'use itunes', and I'm using itunes 4.9. Music is in a mixture of mp3
> and AAC; library of around 12,000 tracks / 70GB. Never had this problem
> before.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is happening and how to resolve this
> problem? Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere and I've
> failed to find it.

Having a similar problem with an album I have created called "singles"
containting a number of random (and mostly not to my taste) one off
tracks. I have retagged all of these mp3 files with the album name
"singles".

Prior to the 'various artists' feature being added all these tracks were
listed under the same album the "browse albums". Now there are multiple
listing as shown below.

If for example I click on "Singles by david essex" I get a load of songs
by about 20 different artists. I have noted that the tracks listed under
an artist are mostly of the same genre category (although not exclusively).

Any ideas?

Linux, latest nightly, using musicmagic

Singles by Pulp
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Farm
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Rooster
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Björk
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by David Essex
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Elton John
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by R Kelly
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Will Smith
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Vanessa Carlton
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Police
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Contours
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Beatles
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Avalanches
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by t.A.T.u.
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Sugababes
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by U2
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Stevie Wonder
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Starlight
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Smash Mouth
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Steps
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Gwen Stefani
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by S Club 7
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Ricky Martin
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Queen
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Nelly
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Puff Daddy
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Madonna
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Kylie Minogue
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Jackson Five
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Gloria Gaynor
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Frankie Vali
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Elton John
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Dr. Evil
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Dolby
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Don McLean
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Diana Ross & The Supremes
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Deep Blue Something
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Counting Crows
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Coolio
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Claire Sweeney
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Clarence Henry
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Charlie's Angels
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Britney Spears
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Bob Dylan
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Black Lace
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Barry White
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Barry Manilow
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Aqua
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Alice Deejay
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Singles by Al Green

Resutls of clicking on "singles by david essex"

AddPlay MusicMagic Mix 99 red Balloons - Singles - Nena
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Albatross - Singles - Fleetwood Mac
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Blame It On The Boogie - Singles - The Jacksons
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Bridge Over Troubled Water - Singles - Simon
&Garfunkel
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Down Under - Singles - Men At Work
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Everlasting Love - Singles - Love Affair
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Hold Me Close - Singles - David Essex
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Jin-Go-Lo-Ba - Singles - Santana
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Mr. Sky Blue - Singles - Electric Light Orchestra
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Mr. Tambourine Man - Singles - The Byrds
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Oh, pretty women - Singles - Roy Orbison
AddPlay The Ole House - Singles - Shakin' Stevens
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix The Power Of Love - Singles - Jennifer rush
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix San francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In
Your Hair) - Singles - Scott McKenzie
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Stand And Deliver - Singles - Adam And The Ants
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Time After Time - Singles - Cyndi Lauper
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Singles - Bonnie Tyler
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - Singles - Meat Loaf
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix When Will I See You Again - Singles - The Three
Degrees
AddPlay MusicMagic Mix Wherever I lay My Hat (That's My Home) - Singles
- Paul Young