PDA

View Full Version : Help...Squeezebox Crashes My Lan

rennie
2005-09-25, 10:35
Squeezebox 2 is fabulous but.....

After about 2 Tracks it freezes out my LAN and stops anyone else on the lan gaining broadband access

I have a 2mb (British Telecom broadband acess) I even have the ability to use fixed ip's that doesn't help.....

Tried wired and wireless ....same problem...

Will work but takesover the lan......and stops all other traffic...

Any suggestions.....

Rennie

max.spicer
2005-09-25, 10:49
Sounds like a problem with your router rather than with the SqueezeBox. Have you checked that you are running the latest firmware on the router?

Max

Squeezebox 2 is fabulous but.....

After about 2 Tracks it freezes out my LAN and stops anyone else on the lan gaining broadband access

I have a 2mb (British Telecom broadband acess) I even have the ability to use fixed ip's that doesn't help.....

Tried wired and wireless ....same problem...

Will work but takesover the lan......and stops all other traffic...

DrNic
2005-09-25, 11:03
rennie,
Could you please give the usual useful details: Platform, O/S, server version, router brand and what (if anything) else is running on your LAN?

Nic

rennie
2005-09-26, 03:16
In Reply to :-

rennie,
Could you please give the usual useful details: Platform, O/S, server version, router brand and what (if anything) else is running on your LAN?

-----------------------------------

LAN works fine untill I connect Slim Server.

Then Slim Server works fine on Squeezenetwork...but nothing else has access to the www

BT 2mb Broadband Access...

Router BT (2Wire)Inteligent Gateway 1800 various PC's wired and wireless connected all windows xp devices (except SS)

Squeezebox2 firmware 15

Slimserver 6.1.1

tried wired & wireless same problem (understand loop if you connect both so have checked that)

???????

DJanGo
2005-09-26, 14:10
hi ,

start Task Manager by pressing Strag alt and delete at the same time and watch the Network gauge.

Alternative run "netstat" in a dosbox.

May u have misconfigured the Router or doubled use a Ip Adress.

May Broadcasting or other another "bug".

check on all PC with "Ipconfig - all if the Netmask and Gw Adresses are the same. Unplug ur Router and ping to his adress and Power on the Sqeezebox PC - is the Ping replying when the Router is offline and the Sqeezbox is online?

Than they use the same IP..

Since i am a Networker i can tell you - that Networking is not a Dummy job ;-)

by reading ur Posting the 2. nd Time i see

"LAN works fine untill I connect Slim Server."

In this case u Plug or Power on the PC with the Server Software on, and the WAN crashes...

Than this "SERVER" had the IP Adress of ur Router.... Change it and ur Problem is gone....