PDA

View Full Version : 18-9 nightly crashes on XP

kbelinski
2005-09-18, 05:28
I was running fine on 14-9 nightly. I upgraded to the 18-9 nightly just now. SlimServer started up fine. Then I followed my usual initialization routine by going to the Plugin page and disable iTunes. SlimServer crashed as soon as I clicked the Change button. I have not even started connecting to SB2 yet. I repeated this several times and the same happened consistently. It is 100% reproducible.

Then I installed the 17-9 nightly. It worked ok so far. I was in a hurry so I did collect any log on 18-9. I try out new nightly every week or so. I will collect logs if I do see the same crashes in future nightly.

In short,

14-9 - OK
18-9 - Crashed when trying to disable iTunes plugin. I have not tried. It could crash even when making changes other than iTunes plugin.
17-9 - OK

dip
2005-09-19, 02:54
As soon as I click on any change button on the plugin page slimserver crashes (without any Windows error message, it simply stops). Until now I tried the change buttons of the settings for the random Mix plugin, for the rescan music library plugin and for changing "load plugins on-the-fly" to "load plugins at startup only". This happens (at least) since the 2005/09/18 nightly and also with the 2005/09/19 nightly.

kbelinski
2005-09-19, 03:13
So I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Given that 'dip' reported the same with 19-9 nightly, I am afraid if this bug is not fixed then 17-9 nightly could be the latest working nightly for WinXP. Shall we open a bug on this? There is little info we can offer about this bug.

kdf
2005-09-19, 08:44
On 19-Sep-05, at 3:13 AM, kbelinski wrote:

>
> So I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Given that 'dip'
> reported the same with 19-9 nightly, I am afraid if this bug is not
> fixed then 17-9 nightly could be the latest working nightly for WinXP.
> Shall we open a bug on this? There is little info we can offer about
> this bug.

the actual crash message from the log or event viewer, as always, would
help.
-k

kdf
2005-09-19, 09:01
On 19-Sep-05, at 2:54 AM, dip wrote:

>
> As soon as I click on any change button on the plugin page slimserver
> crashes (

I've found a crasher due to the RandomPlay plugin, which crashes on a
setup change on the plugins page. I've committed a fix, so update svn
or grab the next nightly build.

for a manual fix, open Plugins/RandomPlay/Plugin.pm. change line 302
to:
'validate' => \&Slim::Web::Setup::validateTrueFalse,

-kdf

dip
2005-09-19, 09:01
The entry in the Windows event viewer reads (with English translations):

Fehler(=error) 19.09.2005 17:56:51 Application Keine(=none) 0 Nicht zutreffend(not applicable) WIN145

Is that helpful? Which debug checkboxes should be set in the server settings to create a helpful log file?