PDA

View Full Version : Uses composer when browsing artists

Richard Adamson
2005-09-17, 04:10
I have SB2 and slimserver 5.1.1 on a winXP PC. When I browse artists on my SB it includes composers etc. despite this being disabled in the server settings. Didn't have this problem with previous versions and it is pretty annoying. Can't find a solution and tried most things. I use Apple Lossless files encoded with itunes. Any ideas?
Lots of posts on audiophile about DACs - as an aside I use a Cyrus DACX and it sounds great, but not quite as good as my Cyrus CD8x.

Richard

ceejay
2005-09-17, 07:06
I have SB2 and slimserver 5.1.1 on a winXP PC. When I browse artists on my SB it includes composers etc. despite this being disabled in the server settings.

Do you really mean 5.1.1 - or is it 6.1.1?

Is it possible that some of your files have the composer name in the artist tag (which is what most taggers do with classical music)? If so I wouldn't have thought that slimserver would be able to stop them appearing in the "Artist" lists...

Ceejay.

Richard Adamson
2005-09-19, 01:52
Sorry 6.1.1 not 5.1.1

No I have checked the tags with a couple of tag readers and there is no composer information in the artist category. Interestingly the composer information the squeezebox comes up with for songs isn't even the composer information in the tag for that song. I have cleared and rescanned the music library a couple of times, but this doesn't help.

Richard