PDA

View Full Version : 16/09/2005

NikonUser
2005-09-16, 18:21
Hi there,

I just installed the 16/09/2005 nightly build of Slimserver (very happy with the replaygain). Normally I wouldn't install nightlies but wanted to see the new features...

Everything seems to be ok at the moment... except the squeezebox screen stops responding every 4 seconds. It works as normal for 4 seconds then freezes for 6 seconds. During this time the song title stops scrolling and the time stops counting up. However the spectrum analyser to the right of the screen keeps working. The music doesn't stop playing.

When browsing in the slimserver application things happen very slowly as well.

Is this a known problem? If you need more info just let me know and I'll tell you what I can.

Also on a side note... is what I've done correct? (Installing and then posting my problems). I don't want to get on anyones goat by posting problems with beta software... it's what I'm lead to believe this forum is for. If I'm wrong please let me know!!

Thanks very much for any help

Paul

max.spicer
2005-09-17, 02:07
The nightly will probably force a rescan of your music library. If your server is anything like mine, this tends to make things highly unresponsive whilst the rescan takes place. I often find that buttons get a 10 second delay added before the SB2 responds. Thinking about it, I'm not sure it used to be this bad with the older builds. Either way, it should go back to normal once the rescan completes.

Max

Hi there,

I just installed the 16/09/2005 nightly build of Slimserver (very happy with the replaygain). Normally I wouldn't install nightlies but wanted to see the new features...

Everything seems to be ok at the moment... except the squeezebox screen stops responding every 4 seconds. It works as normal for 4 seconds then freezes for 6 seconds. During this time the song title stops scrolling and the time stops counting up. However the spectrum analyser to the right of the screen keeps working. The music doesn't stop playing.

When browsing in the slimserver application things happen very slowly as well.

Is this a known problem? If you need more info just let me know and I'll tell you what I can.

Also on a side note... is what I've done correct? (Installing and then posting my problems). I don't want to get on anyones goat by posting problems with beta software... it's what I'm lead to believe this forum is for. If I'm wrong please let me know!!

Thanks very much for any help

Paul