PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox2 (not) on Wikipedia

abdomen
2005-09-15, 12:14
I am becoming a believer in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About), and I believe it would be appropriate and helpful (to those who are not yet part of Slim Devices community) to add to it information about the Squeezebox2. I don't have a great deal of time to devote to it, but I thought together the community could make additions that sum up to a real increase in helpful information.

Wikipedia has a great deal of information about digital audio players. However, until today, there were no references in Wikipedia to any of Slim Devices' groundbreaking products. For my tiny part, I added to an existing, mediocre-quality article called "Internet radio device" a reference to Squeezebox2 and an "external link" to slimdevices.com.

Examples of helpful tasks are to add new entries for "Network music player" (at least one other Wikipedian has thought of this, but nothing has been written yet) and "Squeezebox2", and to add links to those entries in appropriate places. For example, "Network music player" should be discussed in a new bullet in the list at the top of the "Digital audio player" article.