PDA

View Full Version : title by artist from album on Fishbone



Robin Bowes
2005-09-14, 05:39
Go on, remind me how to get fishbone to display the playlist in the format:

title (by) artist (from) album

Where the words in brackets are in a different colour/font.

At the moment I only see track (from) album.

I'm running from svn (at r4275).

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,
and his wife's not there,
is he still wrong?

kdf
2005-09-14, 09:05
On 14-Sep-05, at 5:39 AM, Robin Bowes wrote:

> Go on, remind me how to get fishbone to display the playlist in the
> format:
>
> title (by) artist (from) album
>
> Where the words in brackets are in a different colour/font.
>
> At the moment I only see track (from) album.
>
To have them in the two-tone (ie, with component links) just use TITLE
as your titleformat setting, and the rest should be automatic, as long
as there is an artist tag. However, there was a HUGE set of changes
yesterday to handle Various Artists. I'm seeing it fine in firefox on
my setup, but i'll double-check that everything on my system is
properly merged to svn.

keep me posted if you dig up any more details.

cheers,
kdf

Robin Bowes
2005-09-14, 12:32
kdf said the following on 14/09/2005 17:05:
>
> On 14-Sep-05, at 5:39 AM, Robin Bowes wrote:
>
>> Go on, remind me how to get fishbone to display the playlist in the
>> format:
>>
>> title (by) artist (from) album
>>
>> Where the words in brackets are in a different colour/font.
>>
>> At the moment I only see track (from) album.
>>
> To have them in the two-tone (ie, with component links) just use TITLE
> as your titleformat setting, and the rest should be automatic, as long
> as there is an artist tag. However, there was a HUGE set of changes
> yesterday to handle Various Artists. I'm seeing it fine in firefox on my
> setup, but i'll double-check that everything on my system is properly
> merged to svn.
>
> keep me posted if you dig up any more details.

Ok, I've set titleformat to "TITLE" (selection 0).

I'm still seeing just "title (from) album" in the playlist.

It looks fine in the LHS, i.e. if I click on an album from the playlist,
the album contents are displayed correctly on the LHS as "title (by)
artist (from) album"

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,
and his wife's not there,
is he still wrong?

kdf
2005-09-14, 13:17
Quoting Robin Bowes <robin-lists (AT) robinbowes (DOT) com>:

> kdf said the following on 14/09/2005 17:05:
> >
> > On 14-Sep-05, at 5:39 AM, Robin Bowes wrote:
> >
> >> Go on, remind me how to get fishbone to display the playlist in the
> >> format:
> >>
> >> title (by) artist (from) album
> >>
> >> Where the words in brackets are in a different colour/font.
> >>
> >> At the moment I only see track (from) album.
> >>
> > To have them in the two-tone (ie, with component links) just use TITLE
> > as your titleformat setting, and the rest should be automatic, as long
> > as there is an artist tag. However, there was a HUGE set of changes
> > yesterday to handle Various Artists. I'm seeing it fine in firefox on my
> > setup, but i'll double-check that everything on my system is properly
> > merged to svn.
> >
> > keep me posted if you dig up any more details.
>
> Ok, I've set titleformat to "TITLE" (selection 0).
>
> I'm still seeing just "title (from) album" in the playlist.
>
> It looks fine in the LHS, i.e. if I click on an album from the playlist,
> the album contents are displayed correctly on the LHS as "title (by)
> artist (from) album"

This looks like it might be a server issue. I'm not finding any artist object
being delivered to any current playlist.

feel like filing a bug report?

-k

Robin Bowes
2005-09-14, 13:42
kdf said the following on 14/09/2005 21:17:
> This looks like it might be a server issue. I'm not finding any artist object
> being delivered to any current playlist.
>
> feel like filing a bug report?

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2125

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,
and his wife's not there,
is he still wrong?