PDA

View Full Version : Help - squeezebox2 will browse, but not play

bludragon
2005-09-09, 13:10
Hi, Have just connected my squeezebox2, but nothing I do will get it to output any sound. I can browse through the menu's ok, but when I press play, it says now playing, but I don't get any sound, and the spectrum analyser graph doesn't move.

Also if I set it to show elapsed time this doesn't move from 00:00

Softsqueeze works without any problems.
Tried 6.1.1 (on two different winXP sp2 pc's) and 6.1.2 (v2005-09-09).

Also tried connecting to squeezenetwork - exactly the same problem. Softsqeeze plays from squeezenetwork without any issues.

I tried streaming as flac, wav and mp3.

I've tried both wireless and wired connections (with squeezenetwork too).

Firmware version:15 (it updated when I first connected)
Also tried re-flashing the firmware.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is there anyway to hard reset the squeezbox? - unplugging it still remembers some settings.

Thanks for any help.

audiofi
2005-09-09, 13:17
This most probably won't be it, but I had a similar problem and it solved it.

On the PC, go into task manager (I'm assuming its a windows pc), go into the processes and end flac.exe

If its the same problem I had, flac.exe should reload and it will all kick into life.

Andrew

seanadams
2005-09-09, 13:23
Press "now playing" a couple times to bring up the visualizers - are they moving?

seanadams
2005-09-09, 13:26
Press "now playing" a couple times to bring up the visualizers - are they moving?

uh, never mind.

Try this: press and hold power until it resets. Then press "3" when the Slim Devices logo appears. You should get a test tone.

Let us know if that works. If it doesn't also try resetting and pressing "1" on the Slim Devices screen. It should say "reprogramming xilinx" for a while, then it will reset.

bludragon
2005-09-09, 13:45
wow, that was a quick response!
Pressing 3 seemed to jump me straight to setup networking.
Pressed 1, reprogrammed xilinx...

It now appears to be working!

Thanks Sean

seanadams
2005-09-09, 14:09
wow, that was a quick response!
Pressing 3 seemed to jump me straight to setup networking.
Pressed 1, reprogrammed xilinx...

It now appears to be working!

Thanks Sean

Great! Don't worry about having to do this procedure BTW. We've seen this once or twice before - not sure what causes the xilinx chip to become "unprogrammed" but it doesn't seem to indicate anything broken, and it doesn't recur.

Also I forgot that the test tone feature was added in newer pre-release firmware revs, which is why it didn't work.