PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic playlist?

.brum
2005-09-09, 04:11
Hello,

Does SB2/Slimserver support dynamic playlist based on song properties? With a dynamic playlist I mean that one could define a playlist not as list of songs but rather as a query that Slimserver uses to generate a playlist.

For example, a "Start-up party for an 80s evening" dynamic playlist could look something like this:

SELECT * FROM songs WHERE genre = 'Rock' OR genre = 'Hard-Rock' AND genre != 'Ballads' AND year =< '1990' AND year => '1980'.

This is of course really useful only if the files are tagged properly with perhaps several genres, comments, etc etc.

Some software player had this, perhaps MusicMatch, and it was very cool and helpful.

Regards,

.brum

max.spicer
2005-09-09, 04:53
It doesn't, but there is an open enhancement request for this feature in SlimDevices' bugzilla.

Max

Hello,

Does SB2/Slimserver support dynamic playlist based on song properties? With a dynamic playlist I mean that one could define a playlist not as list of songs but rather as a query that Slimserver uses to generate a playlist.

For example, a "Start-up party for an 80s evening" dynamic playlist could look something like this:

SELECT * FROM songs WHERE genre = 'Rock' OR genre = 'Hard-Rock' AND genre != 'Ballads' AND year =< '1990' AND year => '1980'.

This is of course really useful only if the files are tagged properly with perhaps several genres, comments, etc etc.

Some software player had this, perhaps MusicMatch, and it was very cool and helpful.

Regards,

.brum

bishopdonmiguel
2005-09-09, 08:49
> It doesn't, but there is an open enhancement request for
> this feature in SlimDevices' bugzilla.

This sounds like a GREAT idea! A playlist that contains nothing but a SQL statement. Highly configurable, efficient, and current (reruns every time you select it).

Do you know the bug # that this is assigned to? I've searched for "playlist" but I didn't see this in the results.

max.spicer
2005-09-09, 09:37
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=380. Please don't add any unecessary comments to this bug, though.

Max

> It doesn't, but there is an open enhancement request for
> this feature in SlimDevices' bugzilla.

This sounds like a GREAT idea! A playlist that contains nothing but a SQL statement. Highly configurable, efficient, and current (reruns every time you select it).

Do you know the bug # that this is assigned to? I've searched for "playlist" but I didn't see this in the results.