PDA

View Full Version : Impressive Speed for Bug Fixing - Bug1601 - Help

Deaf Cat
2005-09-09, 01:29
Hiya,

I am really sorry (hence Beginner) but I don't totally understand the update e-mail on Bug1601, OK I guess it is fixed FAB!!! So fast too !!

I've had a look at the SlimServer Nightly Releases 6.1.2 and 6.2 but I am afraid I do not know which updates listed I will need to down load, I'm running XP, please help.

Your timing could not have been better, as my pre-amp went for repair Thur, so my power-amp is just sitting there....

Look forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for fixing the bug so so fast!

Patrick Dixon
2005-09-09, 02:05
You'll need to download the latest nightly, which you will find on this page: http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.2/

Obviously for windows pick the .exe one!

cbemoore
2005-09-09, 02:46
Thanks again to Sean for fixing the problem (or should I say adding the enhancement?) so quickly.

The SlimServer software has been updated in the latest 6.2 nightly to add an extra "preamp attenuation" parameter for each player. But this isn't yet handled by the SB2 firmware, so it doesn't actually do anything yet! I guess the next firmware update will fix this.....

Chris

Deaf Cat
2005-09-09, 02:53
Cheers for that, nearly got carried away and pluged it all in!
Still, half way there, and a lot quicker than what I thought.

How do we go about checking to see if the firmware has been updated?

cbemoore
2005-09-09, 03:07
Just download and install the latest nightly. If the nightly contains a firmware update, your player will automatically prompt you to update its firmware by pressing and holding the "brightness" button.

Clever, eh?

Deaf Cat
2005-09-09, 03:18
Clever stuff!

Thanks very much for the help. Will be downloading shortly.

cbemoore
2005-09-09, 03:41
Make sure you download the 6.2 nightly - that's the only one that contains the fix.