PDA

View Full Version : Live Search - Erratic Behavior

leonyu13
2005-09-05, 23:09
I can't use the default skin at all because Live Search crashes SlimServer every time. I am able to use Default2 but I get some strange behavior, not sure if it's intentional, just me, or a bug.

When I begin typing text to search for, the results are narrowed as I type. I get results in Artist, Album and Song, as expected. But if I hit Enter or click Search, I only get Song results.

This wouldn't be all that bad, except that at this point, the "Live" part of the search no longer works. In other words, back-spacing and typing characters in the search field does not give any new results until I hit Enter or click Search, so I end up with only Song results. I have to refresh (which takes me back home) then click on Search to get the Live functionality back.

SlimServer Version: 6.2b1 - 4166 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1 on Redhat 9.0
Accessing server via browser on XP machine, same results using Firefox 1.0.6 and IE 6.0.

Craig, James (IT)
2005-09-06, 02:58
Have you raised a bug for the crash caused by livesearch?
(Seems strange that it works in Default2 but not Default.)

I too have noticed the difference between the 'livesearch' and the
results given when the search is explicitly started.
I see no reason why the should return different results and it is indeed
quite annoying.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

leonyu13
2005-09-06, 05:28
Yes, I submitted http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2030. It was marked as "fixed" in the nightlies, but it may still need some work.

Craig, James (IT)
2005-09-06, 07:06
Excellent.

I have reopened bug 987 which seems to cover the search/livesearch
mismatch.
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=987

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.