PDA

View Full Version : Odd stopping behavior at playlist start..

RichardG
2005-09-03, 02:49
I am using squeezebox 1 with 6.1.1 Slimserver on Windows XP. Startup is through perl and slimserver.pl.

This is the problem where the squeezebox claims to be playing (the mode is playing according to xml/status.xml and the regular web interface skin.. Now playing reports the correct track on the squeezebox display), but if you have the Now Playing display set to show elapsed time, it shows a bizarre number like "--2:--30:-1", and no sound comes from the squeezebox. Slimserver still occupies a typical CPU/memory slice, but the audio does not end up being output over the RCA jacks. This has happened to me on both Windows (XP) and Linux (FC3/FC2) platforms.

Using xml skin status.xml shows that elapsed time is some seemingly arbitrary large number of seconds under tag <player_status><current_song><seconds_elapsed>:

<current_song>
<playlist_offset>0</playlist_offset>
<playlist_length>11</playlist_length>
<remove_url>xml/status.xml?p0=playlist&p1=delete&p2=0</remove_url>
<seconds_elapsed>8299</seconds_elapsed>
<seconds_total>314</seconds_total>

Pressing and holding the pause button to enter the stopped mode, and then pressing play clears up the problem. Looking again at <seconds_elapsed> after the stop and play procedure, we get a more reasonable value:

<current_song>
<playlist_offset>0</playlist_offset>
<playlist_length>11</playlist_length>
<remove_url>xml/status.xml?p0=playlist&p1=delete&p2=0</remove_url>
<seconds_elapsed>12</seconds_elapsed>
<seconds_total>314</seconds_total>

This is a truly annoying problem that occurs infrequently. I am hopeful that the clearly wrong seconds elapsed at the start of playlist will help identify the problem.

Richard