PDA

View Full Version : Multi-disk albums

Philip Meyer
2005-08-26, 13:31
Has anything changed with regards to multi-disk albums recently?

I "treat multi-disk albums as a single album". I think this used to display all track number 1's, then 2's, etc. Now it seems it correctly displays all tracks from disk 1, then disk 2, etc.

However, the disk number is not displayed in the current playlist, or in the details of a selected track. It's not displayed on the SqueezeBox now-playing display, even though my title format is "Disc-tracknum. title", nor when I drill down to the track details.

Also, I find that if I drill down to the album name of the currently playing track and drill down into that, it doesn't list all the other tracks from that album.

Phil

kbelinski
2005-08-29, 18:22
Does Multi-disk Album feature work with cue sheet as well? I play FLAC only. Each of my albums contains a FLAC file and its associated cue sheet. I gave them the title "aaaaa (Disc x of y)". Enabled "treat multi-disk albums as a single album". Did a re-scan but SlimServer did not organize multi-disk album as specified. Have I done anything wrong? Does this feature work with cue sheet at all?

JJZolx
2005-08-29, 18:33
Has anything changed with regards to multi-disk albums recently?

I "treat multi-disk albums as a single album". I think this used to display all track number 1's, then 2's, etc. Now it seems it correctly displays all tracks from disk 1, then disk 2, etc.

However, the disk number is not displayed in the current playlist, or in the details of a selected track.
I think someone else was asking about this recently, but I don't recall seeing an answer. Whatever _did_ happen to the disc number that used to be displayed?

Philip Meyer
2005-08-30, 01:00
>Each of my albums contains a FLAC file and its associated cue
>sheet. I gave them the title "aaaaa (Disc x of y)". Enabled "treat
>multi-disk albums as a single album".
>
Your album title should only contain "aaaaa". The disc number and total discs should come from additional tags. Not many tag editors allow these tags to be changed. I use AudioShell (www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm) for WinXP.

Phil

kbelinski
2005-08-30, 05:48
Phil, I am not using tags. I am using cue sheet to organize my collection.

Philip Meyer
2005-08-30, 13:33
>Phil, I am not using tags. I am using cue sheet to organize my
How do you indicate disk numbers then? Purely by text in the album title? I don't think slimserver could be expected to detect disk numbers by parsing the album title text.

Phil

kbelinski
2005-08-30, 22:20
>Phil, I am not using tags. I am using cue sheet to organize my
How do you indicate disk numbers then? Purely by text in the album title? I don't think slimserver could be expected to detect disk numbers by parsing the album title text.
Phil

That was indeed my question. For users using cue sheet, like me, what would I need to do to make use of this feature? Is it supported at all?

Philip Meyer
2005-08-31, 00:17
>That was indeed my question. For users using cue sheet, like me, what
>would I need to do to make use of this feature? Is it supported at all?
>
I am not aware of any disk number tagging feature in cue sheets.

I think you could probably put the disk number into the FLAC tags and take the (disk n of n) out of the title in the cue sheet. Use the cue sheet for everything else.

Alternatively, change the track numbers to a contiguous range (instead of a cue sheet for disk 1, tracks 1-9, and another cue sheet for disk 2, tracks 1-9, have one cue sheet with tracks 1-19, or tracks 101-109 followed by 201-209).

But I don't think using cue sheets you'll be able to switch from treating as a single album or multiple albums without tweaking the cue files.

Perhaps you should ask in the ripping mailing list/forum.

Phil