PDA

View Full Version : Character encoding and duplicated artists



windy
2005-08-26, 04:44
I'm having problems with double entries for all artists with special
characters. Both in squeezebox and web interfaces. Se below
http://www.onion.se/img/dubletter.JPG
Note for exemple the two entries for Sundström, Stefan.

I'm running a week old nightly build, but I have had this problem for a
couple of months. I've seen others having the same or similar problems with
character encodings and duplicated artists, but I don't know if it was ever
solved? Can it be a tagging problem?

--
Jonas Nordström

kdf
2005-08-26, 09:07
On 26-Aug-05, at 4:44 AM, Jonas Nordström wrote:

> I'm having problems with double entries for all artists with special
> characters. Both in squeezebox and web interfaces. Se below
> http://www.onion.se/img/dubletter.JPG
> Note for exemple the two entries for Sundström, Stefan.
>
> I'm running a week old nightly build, but I have had this problem for
> a couple of months. I've seen others having the same or similar
> problems with character encodings and duplicated artists, but I don't
> know if it was ever solved? Can it be a tagging problem?
>

Jonas,
it is an ongoing issue, with improvements nearly every day. Most of
the discussion is taking place on the Beta forum/list. This, of
course, applies to the 6.2 nightly builds only. There are several open
bugs filed on this, as there are many different possible cases to
cover. Please feel free to add your details to that discussion or file
a bug report with all the details (os, tagging software, ripping
software, sample files, prefs file, db file, etc)

cheers,
kdf

Dan Sully
2005-08-26, 09:37
* Jonas Nordström shaped the electrons to say...

>I'm having problems with double entries for all artists with special
>characters. Both in squeezebox and web interfaces. Se below
>http://www.onion.se/img/dubletter.JPG
>Note for exemple the two entries for Sundström, Stefan.
>
>I'm running a week old nightly build, but I have had this problem for a
>couple of months. I've seen others having the same or similar problems with
>character encodings and duplicated artists, but I don't know if it was ever
>solved? Can it be a tagging problem?

It's possible it's a tagging problem. Please update to the latest nightly.

Are you using MusicMagic or iTunes, etc?

-D
--
<Djall> and I also learned that a meat vortex takes meat away from you.

windy
2005-08-26, 11:02
On 8/26/05, kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote:
>
>
> On 26-Aug-05, at 4:44 AM, Jonas Nordström wrote:
>
> > I'm having problems with double entries for all artists with special
> > characters. Both in squeezebox and web interfaces. Se below
> > http://www.onion.se/img/dubletter.JPG
> > Note for exemple the two entries for Sundström, Stefan.
> >
> > I'm running a week old nightly build, but I have had this problem for
> > a couple of months. I've seen others having the same or similar
> > problems with character encodings and duplicated artists, but I don't
> > know if it was ever solved? Can it be a tagging problem?
> >
>
> Jonas,
> it is an ongoing issue, with improvements nearly every day. Most of
> the discussion is taking place on the Beta forum/list. This, of
> course, applies to the 6.2 nightly builds only. There are several open
> bugs filed on this, as there are many different possible cases to
> cover. Please feel free to add your details to that discussion or file
> a bug report with all the details (os, tagging software, ripping
> software, sample files, prefs file, db file, etc)
>
> cheers,
> kdf
>
>

kdf
2005-08-26, 12:20
Quoting Jonas Nordström <jonas.nordstrom (AT) gmail (DOT) com>:


> I was on the 6.1.2 branch. I have now installed the latest 6.2 nightly and
> ... everything just works!! Great job, thanks!
>
Dan deserves all the credit on that one. He's been doing overtime on that
stuff.
-k

Steve Bernard, Jr
2005-08-26, 13:23
On 8/26/05, kdf <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote:
> Quoting Jonas Nordström <jonas.nordstrom (AT) gmail (DOT) com>:
>
>
> > I was on the 6.1.2 branch. I have now installed the latest 6.2 nightly and
> > ... everything just works!! Great job, thanks!
> >
> Dan deserves all the credit on that one. He's been doing overtime on that
> stuff.
> -k

We should chip in and buy him this t-shirt:

http://www.cafepress.com/nucleartacos.26746951

-Steve

Dan Sully
2005-08-26, 13:25
* Steve Bernard, Jr shaped the electrons to say...

>> Dan deserves all the credit on that one. He's been doing overtime on that stuff.
>
>We should chip in and buy him this t-shirt:
>
>http://www.cafepress.com/nucleartacos.26746951

As a matter of fact - Dean presented that shirt to me a few weeks ago. :)

-D
--
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kdf
2005-08-26, 13:36
Quoting Dan Sully <dan (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>:

> * Steve Bernard, Jr shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >> Dan deserves all the credit on that one. He's been doing overtime on that
> stuff.
> >
> >We should chip in and buy him this t-shirt:
> >
> >http://www.cafepress.com/nucleartacos.26746951
>
> As a matter of fact - Dean presented that shirt to me a few weeks ago. :)

hoepfully not white. can't possibly stand up to all the crap thrown at it.