PDA

View Full Version : Shipping delays

dermo99
2005-08-23, 13:56
Any one else having problems with getting their order shipped due to lack of parts or some such??
Softsqueeze tested, CDs copied to PC in eager anticipation ... and now delays kick in :-(

bjackson
2005-08-23, 14:22
Yep, I ordered a SB2 yesterday, plopped down my hard earned cash (in the form of credit card, so it's not as dramatic, but still!), read that orderes recieved before 12PM Pacific were usually shipped the same day so I ordered at 10am Central time, recieved no notice, and called this afternoon to find that they were backordered and I'd have to wait till the end of the week for it to ship then 4-5 days for it to get here! Maddening!

I was hoping to have it on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Oh well, C'est la vie.

dean
2005-08-23, 14:55
Sorry about that.

In stock items usually do ship the same day if the order comes in
before noon,
but stock is low on the SB2s right now. (It should say that right
under the item.)

On Aug 23, 2005, at 2:22 PM, bjackson wrote:

>
> Yep, I ordered a SB2 yesterday, plopped down my hard earned cash
> (in the
> form of credit card, so it's not as dramatic, but still!), read that
> orderes recieved before 12PM Pacific were usually shipped the same day
> so I ordered at 10am Central time, recieved no notice, and called this
> afternoon to find that they were backordered and I'd have to wait till
> the end of the week for it to ship then 4-5 days for it to get here!
> Maddening!
>
> I was hoping to have it on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Oh
> well,
> C'est la vie.
>
>
> --
> bjackson
>

bjackson
2005-08-23, 16:55
I'm not mad at all, just disappointed since I am so convinced of how good this is going to be when I get it :)

DavidP
2005-08-23, 19:45
I'm not mad at all, just disappointed since I am so convinced of how good this is going to be when I get it :)

Agreed! Placed my order on Saturday and haven't received the shipping confirmation, I must have missed the low stock message when I ordered. I'm looking forward to listening to radio streams in the living room!

dermo99
2005-08-24, 01:05
Well, I got an update this morning via email that my system has started its voyage from east coast of the states over to west coast of Ireland ... so looking forward to seeing it soon. I also must have missed the low stock warning when placing my order ... don't recall seeing such ...

dermo99
2005-08-25, 14:38
Worth waiting for the delivery ... have to say I am impressed with how quickly it is all up and running ... only trouble now is will want another one or two for other rooms :-)

kdf
2005-08-25, 14:50
Quoting dermo99 <dermo99.1ucakn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Worth waiting for the delivery ... have to say I am impressed with how
> quickly it is all up and running ... only trouble now is will want
> another one or two for other rooms :-)

well, there are some easy solutions to this:

1) give up that winter vacation you've been saving for and just go for it!
2) go get that second job you've always dreamed of.
3) give up sleep and weekends to learn perl and write code. :)

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_help.html
(guess which one I picked)

shameless recruiting post, now ends. Thank you for your time :)

enjoy!
-kdf

seanadams
2005-08-25, 20:31
Update on this:

As of today, all orders placed through 8/18 have shipped. All remaining orders to date are expected to ship out tomorrow.

We apologize for the delay.

DavidP
2005-09-01, 22:49
My SB2 arrived today and after 2 minutes of setup (I did have to plug stuff in and put the batteries in the remote) I'm listening to all sorts of new music via Shoutcast.

The ironic part is that I'm reusing my old Onkyo NC-500 as the reciever. No regrets about replacing it! Nice work guys.

Aylwin
2005-09-02, 00:17
Hadn't noticed this thread eariler but...

I was really looking forward to getting my 2nd SB2 a week or 2 ago. I friend was coming over from the States and was going to bring it over. However, there was a delay in shipping and I had to cancel my order. Who knows how long I'll have to wait before I get this chance again? :(

Delays happen and they're usually not a big deal but sometimes even the slightest delays can be critical. No worries though. I'll wait.