PDA

View Full Version : Squeezenetwork Not a Menu Option

medtech
2005-08-20, 20:50
Hi All,
Just got my Squeezebox 2 up and running tonight after a harrowing day of trying to connect to slimserver. Everything seems to be up and running now except that Squeezenetwork is not available as a menu item on the Squeezebox. I did the firmware upgrade which is reported as firmware update 40 and Squeezenetwork is available when running Softsqueeze from the computer running my Slimserver 6.1.1. I'm running with WindowsXP, Linksys router WRT54G at 192.168.1.1, host computer at 192.168.1.100, networked computer with Linksys Wireless G USB at 192.168.1.101, and the SB2 is at 192.168.1.102. I have the SB2 hooked up to the networked computer because this is where all my FLAC files live. Is this setup my problem or am I missing something? Many thanks for any help you may provide.

medtech
2005-08-20, 21:03
O.K, I found the option to have Squeezenetwork show up on the menu not a minute after posting but when I choose it I get a message "Sorry, requires Squeezebox 2". I tried a reset by pushing the start button for 5 seconds with the same thing. Any ideas?

kdf
2005-08-20, 21:16
On 20-Aug-05, at 9:03 PM, medtech wrote:

>
> O.K, I found the option to have Squeezenetwork show up on the menu not
> a
> minute after posting but when I choose it I get a message "Sorry,
> requires Squeezebox 2". I tried a reset by pushing the start button
> for 5 seconds with the same thing. Any ideas?
>

you mentioned FW 40, but that's for squeezebox, NOT squeezebox2. SB2
is currently at 16. Did you previously have a squeezebox connected?
if so, the server seems to be confused. Try wiping the prefs file:
slimserver.pref

-kdf

medtech
2005-08-20, 23:16
It seems the seller misrepresented the item on Ebay as a Squeezebox2 when what he shipped me was a Squeezebox1. So that also explains the connection problems as I was trying to connect using G-only. I'm really pretty steamed right now. While the SB1 is a really nice unit it is not worth what I paid for it and I put in many frustrating hours trying to hook this thing up. I only hope the seller can make this right or Paypal will come through on their buyer protection. One good thing is I learned a lot about wireless networking out of all this. Oh, and the meaning of "buyer beware".

kdf
2005-08-20, 23:39
On 20-Aug-05, at 11:16 PM, medtech wrote:

>
> It seems the seller misrepresented the item on Ebay as a Squeezebox2
> when what he shipped me was a Squeezebox1. So that also explains the
> connection problems as I was trying to connect using G-only. I'm
> really pretty steamed right now. While the SB1 is a really nice unit
> it is not worth what I paid for it and I put in many frustrating hours
> trying to hook this thing up. I only hope the seller can make this
> right or Paypal will come through on their buyer protection. One good
> thing is I learned a lot about wireless networking out of all this.
> Oh, and the meaning of "buyer beware".
>

nasty :((

SB1 and SBG (sb1 with graphics display) are great hardware, and do tend
to have a fairly high resale. Still, VERY bad to claim them as an SB2.

Hope you can get this worked out, and get a proper SB2.

-kdf