PDA

View Full Version : New Music

JJZolx
2005-08-20, 11:34
How is browse New Music done? Yesterday I had a number of albums being displayed in New Music, but today none. I've performed a clear/scan since then, so I suspect that the list is wiped out with a 'clear library' and that the newness relates to a timestamp given when an item is added to the library. I seem to recall that previously New Music would display the entire library if you did a clear/scan.

If that's correct, then is it possible to implement this so that it uses the files' last-update timestamp instead? There are still enough situations calling for a clear before a scan (picking up new cover art, for instance) that I use it as the rule rather than the exception.

I hadn't thought I'd ever use New Music, but it's nice after going through a flurry of CD ripping. By the time I get done ripping 20 or 30 discs I've forgotten what was newly added.

radish
2005-08-20, 19:46
On my system it always seems to display the X newest albums, based on the file timestamp. I know this because if I go in and edit a tag on an old file the album pops back up to the top of the list. Not sure what your problem is...but it seems to behave as expected here.

JJZolx
2005-08-20, 20:43
On my system it always seems to display the X newest albums, based on the file timestamp. I know this because if I go in and edit a tag on an old file the album pops back up to the top of the list. Not sure what your problem is...but it seems to behave as expected here.
Thanks. I did another clear/scan and now it's back. Just another scanning hiccup, I suppose.