PDA

View Full Version : CLI Broken in 6.1.x?

mdw
2005-08-19, 06:35
Does anyone know what might be going on with the CLI giving unexpected reponses to legitimate queries?

Server version 6.1.1 - 3774 (also 6.1.2 by the way) - Windows XP - Squeezebox 1.

Example:

Command: playlist index ?
Response: playlist index %3Fplaylist
Command: playlist shuffle ?
Response: playlist shuffle %3Fpower

I can find no pattern to when I get the reponse described in the documentation and when I get one similar to above. This is also happening with other queries like artist ?, title ?, etc.

Fred
2005-08-19, 12:27
What is your client? What are you sending as EOL, CR LF or something else? Do you use "listen 1" ?

Now the commands your are giving as examples require a <playerid>. The server is sweet and tries to find one for you if you don't mention one, but there are limits to what it can do if it knows about NO players :-)

Try the "player count ?" command on your system. This command obviously does not require a player. Do you get consistent behaviour with it?

If the result of the above command is 0, then this is the most likely reason for the response you're seing. If the server had used a random player for your query, it would have replied with the playerid before the "playlist" in its reply (see below). Please try your commands again with a player connected to SlimServer.

If the result is one or more, then get a <playerid> with "player id 0 ?" (looks like player id 0 00%3A04%3A20%3A05%3Aaf%3Aa1) and use the 00%... in front of playlist in your commands:

00%3A04%3A20%3A05%3Aaf%3Aa1 playlist index ?
00%3A04%3A20%3A05%3Aaf%3Aa1 playlist index 1

Let me know the results.

Fred

mdw
2005-08-19, 13:45
Thank you very much for the reply. I omitted some important info in my original posting, sorry about that. Here are some updates:

- My CLI polling program is a modified version of the Crestron plug-in posted in 2003 on the web site but the behavior can be recreated manually through a telnet window. I have been using it for a long time on the 5.x server series with no errors.

- That polling program, and the commands I tested manually, all preceeded the commands I described with a correct address if required, e.g. 00:04:20:05:5d:ae playlist index ?, artist ?, etc., so I don't think command syntax is the issue (unless it changed with 6.1)

- Player count is 1. I haven't been using Listen 1, and the polling program sends a line feed after the command.

- I can't isolate the condition. At times the polling program will send a valid command, i.e. 00:04:20:05:5d:ae artist ?, and it will get back the correctly formatted response. Other times it will repeat the command back with a %3F and something that is usually some fragment of the original command appended to it.

- I found someone in the General Discussion Forum that has exactly the same problem, so I know that there are two of us experiencing this with the same configuration.

The only hint I can give is that it seems to occur especially in cases when my polling program is both sending a new command, and polling for status information at the same time.

Sorry for the long response.

Fred
2005-08-20, 11:49
Please see my reply in the General section where this thread fits better.

What do you mean "sending a new command and polling at the same time" ? You have 2 connections?

Fred