PDA

View Full Version : comparison questions

adams
2005-08-15, 22:00
I read that the slimdevice has the ability to link multiple together to play the same song. Can this be done on the fly like the sonos?

Is there a limit to how many playlist and/or titles. I think the sonos is 30k or 40k.

I'm love to tinker so I like the idea of slimdevice but I need it to be easy for the wife and kids to do without screwing up.

max.spicer
2005-08-16, 04:43
Squeezeboxes can synchronise. You can do it on the fly, but you need to restart the current playing track or skip to the next one when you add a new device into the sync group. As far as a know, the only limit on your playlist is your storage size. People on these forums often mention having hideously large amounts of tracks.

If you like tinkering, download slimserver, install it on a pc and then run SoftSqueeze (a squeezebox emulator). This is all free, and will give you a very good idea about how it all works.

Max

I read that the slimdevice has the ability to link multiple together to play the same song. Can this be done on the fly like the sonos?

Is there a limit to how many playlist and/or titles. I think the sonos is 30k or 40k.

I'm love to tinker so I like the idea of slimdevice but I need it to be easy for the wife and kids to do without screwing up.