PDA

View Full Version : Discrete Codes for Squeezebox 2

nicksimpson
2005-08-15, 16:11
Dear All,

I have recently upgraded from Slimp3 to Squeezebox 2. I am using a Pronto Pro to control the box. However, the discrete codes I used (Album Browse, Artist Browse, Artist Search, Power Off etc.) and worked fine on Slimp3 seem to be ignored on the Squeezebox 2.

I have checked that I am using the same codes as the spreadsheet, and I definitely am. It is only the discrete codes that seem to fail.

Any ideas?

kdf
2005-08-15, 16:20
Quoting nicksimpson <nicksimpson.1ttwaz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Dear All,
>
> I have recently upgraded from Slimp3 to Squeezebox 2. I am using a
> Pronto Pro to control the box. However, the discrete codes I used
> (Album Browse, Artist Browse, Artist Search, Power Off etc.) and worked
> fine on Slimp3 seem to be ignored on the Squeezebox 2.
>
> I have checked that I am using the same codes as the spreadsheet, and I
> definitely am. It is only the discrete codes that seem to fail.
>
> Any ideas?
>
related to this:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1478

also see many other posts on this topic, by simply using the seach facility of
the forum, and the words "discrete codes".

-kdf

Dave Edwards
2005-08-16, 13:54
Nick,

I have exactly the same problem. I am trying to use my Pronto macros and the JVC codes are not supported by SB2. There is a workaround which works for me in some situations. This is described in bug 1478 - involving changing the Default.map file.

This isn't a long term solution though and only works when the server PC is switched on. When the PC isn't on, my various A/V devices get out of sync and I need to manually turn on / off all devices in my system - not good after paying ~200 for my Pronto and investing weeks of effort getting the macros to work as I want.

I really wish they would fix this soon - this is the one thing that is spoiling my enjoyment of the otherwise excellent SB2. I am at the point that I am considering moving my old SB1 back in to my main A/V system.

Sean, other developers, please take a look at this before I go insane!

Dave