PDA

View Full Version : IR Blaster Support?

Dave D
2005-08-14, 15:49
I remember seeing a post about IR blaster support, so I did a search and found that there's a bug for adding it:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1045

There's only one vote...maybe I'll add mine, but it doesn't look promising (Target Milestone is "future"), so I'm wondering:

1) Is this actively being worked at Slim Devices?

2) Why does it seem not too many people are interested in this? There are lots of applications. Right away, I would use this to re-map the SB2 remote's volume commands to the IR blaster and have the remote's volume then control my receiver's volume instead. [Yeah, I know I can go buy another remote to do this, but I *like* the SB2 remote :) It would be a shame (and expensive) to go to a Pronto or similar, for such a simple feature.]

mike_zandvliet
2005-08-14, 17:10
I'd like a blaster for the exact same use. Perhaps in a future SqueezeBox design the jack for it could be at the back however - I find anything plugged into the headphone jack looks messy.

abdomen
2005-08-15, 11:38
2) Why does it seem not too many people are interested in this? There are lots of applications. Right away, I would use this to re-map the SB2 remote's volume commands to the IR blaster and have the remote's volume then control my receiver's volume instead. [Yeah, I know I can go buy another remote to do this, but I *like* the SB2 remote :) It would be a shame (and expensive) to go to a Pronto or similar, for such a simple feature.]

My thoughts exactly. I am very much looking forward to IR blaster support. I hope others will add their votes to "bug" ID 1045.