PDA

View Full Version : Tweaks to ExBrowse2 for better 800x600 display

Yannzola
2005-08-10, 22:30
I made a few ham handed tweaks to the ExBrowse2 skin, in order to improve support for 800x600 resolutions. Two items were tweaked: the lower portion of the "Browse Albums A....Z, etc." nav bar above the contents of the left hand column are no longer partially hidden when this line breaks to two lines. And the main top nav area (Music Library | Server Settings...etc) remains visible, and flows to two lines if neccessary regardless of the size of the left column frame.

I've included the two touched files below. Just plop em in your ExBrowse2 folder (SlimServer\server\HTML\ExBrowse2)....Be sure to keep a copy of your original files somewhere safe beforehand!

y.

Yannzola
2005-08-16, 06:40
Jacob, et al.
Any chance these changes (or something similiar) might be included in the next iteration of ExBrowse2? As far as I can tell, no bugs are introduced.... only yummy goodness for 800x600 users. One more suggestion, although more involved, would be to move the remaining time display bar above the "now playing" image and text block. Avoiding long titles from appearing behind the bar. Or, if the progress bar was moved in the code and set to relative positioning, it could bump down as text flowed above it.

In adition: If non breaking spaces or whitespace=nowrap was used around the "xxx albums with xxx songs by xxx artists" block, this whole line could be kept from breaking mid-sentence and snap to a second line in its entirety at lower rez.

y.

Jacob Potter
2005-08-16, 07:29
On 8/16/05, Yannzola <Yannzola.1tv0kz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> Jacob, et al.
> Any chance these changes (or something similiar) might be included in
> the next iteration of ExBrowse2?

Yep, they'll be in the rewrite ("Real Soon Now", probably hitting
trunk sometime this week). Thanks!

Unfortunately, relatively positioning all the playlist stuff really
isn't an option. It's quite a pain to make any sort of complicated CSS
work in IE anyway; making the playlist dynamically sized is probably
beyond what IE6 is capable of. (And almost definitely beyond what I'm
capable of! :))

- Jacob

Yannzola
2005-08-16, 08:10
Yep, they'll be in the rewrite ("Real Soon Now", probably hitting
trunk sometime this week). Thanks!

- Jacob

Sweet! Thanks Jacob.

Yannzola
2005-08-16, 21:21
In adition: If non breaking spaces or whitespace=nowrap was used around the "xxx albums with xxx songs by xxx artists" block, this whole line could be kept from breaking mid-sentence and snap to a second line in its entirety at lower rez.

y.

I ended up fixing that line breaking issue (mentioned above). Please use the updated files attached.... no changes were made to the earlier tweaked .css file, but I included it in the zip anyhoo.

y.

EDIT: I also updated the songinfo file (now included in the attached zip). I re-aligned the text and set the image to expand to fit the size of the frame. These changes may not be to everyones liking... feedback appreciated.