PDA

View Full Version : Library Scanning Problem with duplicate roles in SlimServer 6.2b1

gharris999
2005-08-10, 22:21
I just submitted this as bug 1958: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1958

If an MP3 file has ID3v2 tags and if both the ARTIST and the V2_TCOM (composer) tags are equal, SlimServer only records the composer role and ignores the artist role.

Example:

This file (without a V2_TCOM tag) is Genre->Artist->Album browse-able in SlimServer:

C:\Recordings\Music\a_Medieval\Anonymous\La Vièle Médiévale\01 - Rotundellus (Galicia, Cantiga 105).mp3
Format: MPEG 1 Layer 3, Stereo
Details: 44100 Hz Stereo, 179 kbps, playtime 04:29
Tags: ID3v1, ID3v2
Title: Rotundellus (Galicia, Cantiga 105)
Artist: Anonymous
Album: La Vièle Médiévale
Year:
Track: 01
Genre: a_Medieval
Comment: La Lira D'Espéria: La Mièle Médiéval
Jordi Savall, Lira, Rebab, Vièles
Pedro Estevan, Percussion

If one adds a V2_TCOM tag to the file…

C:\Recordings\Music\a_Medieval\Anonymous\La Vièle Médiévale\01 - Rotundellus (Galicia, Cantiga 105).mp3
Format: MPEG 1 Layer 3, Stereo
Details: 44100 Hz Stereo, 179 kbps, playtime 04:29
Tags: ID3v1, ID3v2
Title: Rotundellus (Galicia, Cantiga 105)
Artist: Anonymous
Album: La Vièle Médiévale
Year:
Track: 01
Genre: a_Medieval
Comment: La Lira D'Espéria: La Mièle Médiéval
Jordi Savall, Lira, Rebab, Vièles
Pedro Estevan, Percussion
Composer=Anonymous

..and rescans the library, the album can no longer be browsed to via Albums, Artists, Genres or Years. If one browses the music folder, one can select one of the tracks in the (otherwise non-browse-able) album and see that COMPOSER=anonymous is listed, but no ARTIST is listed.

If one performs the following SQL query to select the track in question:

SELECT genres.name AS GenreName, albums.title AS AlbumTitle, tracks.tracknum, tracks.title AS TrackTitle, contributor_track.role AS ContribRole
FROM ((((genres INNER JOIN genre_track ON genres.id = genre_track.genre) INNER JOIN tracks ON genre_track.track = tracks.id) INNER JOIN albums ON tracks.album = albums.id) INNER JOIN contributor_track ON tracks.id = contributor_track.track) INNER JOIN contributors ON contributor_track.contributor = contributors.id
WHERE (((albums.title) Like "La V*") AND ((tracks.tracknum)=1));

…only one row is returned with this data:

GenreName: A_Medieval
AlbumTitle: La Vièle Médiévale
tracknum: 1
TrackTitle: Rotundellus (Galicia, Cantiga 105)
ContribRole: 2

Shouldn't Slimserver record TWO contributor_track records for this track, one for ARTIST and one for COMPOSER??? Could this behavior be the source of many of the "ablums/tracks missing after scan" reports that have cropped up lately?

mikerob
2005-08-11, 01:28
I've come across what looks like exactly the same problem.

Browse by artist does not show some artists where the composer field and artist field are the same. With me, it is on Apple Lossless tracks ripped from a CD using iTunes.

I had raised http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1913 for another issue regarding Artist and Composer tags and added additional information regarding the problem where artists are missing in case the issues are related.

It looks as if they are. Bugid 1913 is a problem where browsing by "Artist A" also shows albums by "Artist B" if tracks by "Artist B" have a composer of "Artist A". This would be explained if Slimserver has assigned the contributor role only based upon the composer, rather than the artist, which is the issue described in bugid 1958.

A fix has gone in for the problem raised in bugid 1913 and I'll be testing it out later today so will see if the missing artist problem has been fixed by this as well.