PDA

View Full Version : More playlist wierdness

Craig
2005-08-09, 16:19
using the 2005-08-09 version of 6.2 when I save a playlist it just contains numbers ie

#CURTRACK 0
#EXTM3U

Also if I load a correctly formed playlist it displays correctly in the left pane of the browser, when I add it to play it becomes just a list of numbers in the right hand pane.

Craig

Philip Meyer
2005-08-10, 00:35
>Also if I load a correctly formed playlist it displays correctly in the
>left pane of the browser, when I add it to play it becomes just a list
>of numbers in the right hand pane.
>
I have this same problem. In fact, I have a playlist with 74 tracks in it and when I select to play it, I get 100 numbers in the current playlist, none of which play. Selecting Edit Playlist for it crashes slimserver with:

Can't call method "title" without a package or object reference at /PerlApp/Slim/Web/EditPlaylist.pm line 143.

Phil

Dan Sully
2005-08-10, 00:39
* Philip Meyer shaped the electrons to say...

> I have this same problem. In fact, I have a playlist with 74 tracks in it
> and when I select to play it, I get 100 numbers in the current playlist,
> none of which play. Selecting Edit Playlist for it crashes slimserver

This should be fixed in Subversion, and in the build that will kick off in ~20 minutes.

-D
--
There is no emergency. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Craig
2005-08-10, 08:14
Hi Dan,
Thanks, that's cured the problem but I'm seeing #CURTRACK 0 as the first item in playlists saved by slimserver.

The problem appears to be that the line #CURTRACK 0 at the start of the playlist is only followed by $0A and not $0D $0A referring to CR and LF, I can't remember which is which but I guess it should have both.

Craig

Dan Sully
2005-08-10, 09:31
* Craig shaped the electrons to say...

>Thanks, that's cured the problem but I'm seeing #CURTRACK 0 as the
>first item in playlists saved by slimserver.

Fixed in subversion change 3922.

-D
--
dd if=/dev/sarcasm of=/dev/clue

dip
2005-09-25, 10:21
I still get broken playlists with the 2005/09/20 nightly of slimserver 6.2. When adding new songs to a playlist using the remote the saved playlist file contains number like this:

#CURTRACK 13
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Gekommen um zu bleiben
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Wir sind Helden\Wir sind Helden - Gekommen um zu bleiben.mp3
#EXTINF:-1,Nur Ein Wort
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Wir sind Helden\Wir Sind Helden - Nur Ein Wort.mp3
#EXTINF:-1,Narcotic
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Liquido\Liquido - Narcotic.mp3
#EXTINF:-1,Ich lebe
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Christina Stürmer\Christina Stürmer - Ich Lebe.mp3
#EXTINF:-1,Lemon Tree
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Fool's Garden\Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree.mp3
#EXTINF:-1,Lonely
D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\mp3\Akon\Akon - Mr. Lonely.mp3

When I want to play the complete playlist on the squeezebox an error message is displayed that some songs cannot be played and when scrolling through the playlist some songs are shown correctly but in addition some empty lines and some lines only containing numbers are shown.

kdf
2005-09-25, 10:36
On 25-Sep-05, at 10:21 AM, dip wrote:

>
> I still get broken playlists with the 2005/09/20 nightly of slimserver
> 6.2. When adding new songs to a playlist using the remote the saved
> playlist file contains number like this:
>
how are you adding those files, browse music folder, browse albums, etc?
how are you creating the saved playlist, web, remote, leaving it as the
current playlist?

likely those numbers are just the track id's, so its not so horrible.
Its just a matter of being able to track down their source so we can
make sure they are getting converted before writing out the playlist.
-kdf

dip
2005-09-25, 12:03
I always use the remote and most of the time search for songs when creating playlists. In detail I have just created a new playlist with the following steps:

1. selected a song using the remote via "browse artist", selected an artist, then an album and then an song and pressed play to insert it as the first song in the "now playing" playlist.

2. selected a song using the remote via search for songs and pressed + to add it to the "now playing" playlist.

3. selected another song using the remote via search for songs and pressed + to add it to the "now playing" playlist.

4. switched to the "now playing" playlist and pressed and hold play to save the playlist (simply under the name "A" be pressing twice right.

5. went to the server an had a look at the newly created A.m3u, it looks like

#CURTRACK 0
#EXTM3U

I also just found that trying to edit such a playlist on the web interface crashes slimserver (firefox shows a windows with "the window contains no data").

Dieter