PDA

View Full Version : Searching songs give extraneous results

max.spicer
2005-08-07, 14:20
Using R3881, I've noticed that searching seems to be a bit broken. Using my SB2, I searched for songs containing "Soul". This returned about four tracks, but also two or three album titles that contained the word Soul. These album titles appeared in the search list as albums, i.e. no track number preceding them. If I pressed play on them, I just got an error. I'm afraid I've now forgotten the error (unhelpful, I know!), but I think it was about being unable to find the track specified. Searching for songs really should not return albums - the SB2 obviously agrees. ;-)

As an aside, what's the correct thing to do with this sort of report. Should it go on the lists/forums first, or should it go straight in as a bug report? Going to the forums gives an opportunity for some triaging, thus avoiding invalid/duplicate bugs. I'm used to the Mozilla world where this is a very good thing!

Max

PS Way off topic, but can anyone recommend a good album with Soul Man on it (as in, "I'm a sooooul maaan, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, I'm a sooouuul maaan, duh duh duh duh DUH"). I was mortified to discover that it's not in my collection somewhere! ;-)

Philip Meyer
2005-08-10, 12:42
>PS Way off topic, but can anyone recommend a good album with Soul Man
>on it (as in, "I'm a sooooul maaan, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, I'm a
>sooouuul maaan, duh duh duh duh DUH"). I was mortified to discover
>that it's not in my collection somewhere! ;-)
>
The Definitive Blues Brothers Collection. It's not the original, but not a bad version, and you get some other half decent tracks too.

Phil

Craig
2005-08-10, 12:54
well if you don't want the original then get ours :-)

http://www.the-solicitors-band.co.uk/sos_det.htm

Craig

max.spicer
2005-08-11, 04:55
I couldn't find Soul Man amongst your list of tracks. There's one listed as somethingorother/Soul Man, but I had a listen and definitely wasn't it.

Max

well if you don't want the original then get ours :-)

http://www.the-solicitors-band.co.uk/sos_det.htm

Craig

Craig
2005-08-11, 05:09
I couldn't find Soul Man amongst your list of tracks. There's one listed as somethingorother/Soul Man, but I had a listen and definitely wasn't it.

Max

It is the song but it's the second half of a medlay and the clip's not long enough.

BTW Sam & Dave did the original

Craig

davep
2005-08-11, 16:04
Errm.. dragging this thread back on topic, I have even stranger Search behaviour. Using the 8-11 nightly on Linux the search for songs function returns a list of all songs in my library regardless of the search term used - even nonsense words of randomly selected letters.
Further testing shows that Search for Albums always returns no result, even when known album titles are entered in full. Meanwhile search for artists comes up empty also.

davep

dip
2005-08-12, 02:27
I have the same problem with Search For Songs with the 8-12 nightly on Windows. Regardlessly of the search term all songs are shown. Even the names of subdirectories of my music directory are shown as songs!

But I don't have the mentioned problems with Search For Artists and Search For Albums.