PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "play now, continue after" feature?

tass
2005-08-04, 21:18
This may already be covered somewhat in the thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=15449

Firstly, a bit of background. We've been using SlimServer with Softsqueeze in the office to jukebox our music. It's been working great and I hope to get a squeezebox to stick on my network at home.

One feature we find is lacking is a way to play a song immediately without clearing the playlist. We currently mostly use the web interface and this would be such a great feature for us. Functionally, I would see this inserting the new song either before or after the currently playing song, and jumping to it to play right away. When the song finishes it would then go onto the next song in the playlist.

As an extension to this, I also think an 'add after current song' would be fantastic too. Currently, you have to add your new song to the end of the current playlist and then click the 'move up' button until it's after the current song which is only doable if there are a small number of tracks. You could even use this as a work-around for the above where you go to the song you want, then "add after current song" then just press "next" to play it.

What does everyone think?

kdf
2005-08-05, 01:26
Quoting tass <tass.1t9x3b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> As an extension to this, I also think an 'add after current song' would
> be fantastic too.

press and hold add with the remote will insert the track/artist/album, etc next
in the playlist after the current song.

links for this same feature from the web interface are available in the fishbone
skin.

-kdf

tass
2005-08-07, 21:08
Perfect...
That works a charm!!