PDA

View Full Version : Sean Adams caught red handed!



kevin
2005-08-04, 11:17
Apparently Sean can't park. There was a slashdot story yesterday about Yahoo, and there was a link to a page about how people at Yahoo can't park their cars. Follow the chain:

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/08/03/1510251.shtml?tid=98&tid=95

http://flickr.com/photos/ycantpark/

http://flickr.com/photos/ycantpark/25737470/

The Slim Devices sticker on the back window gives it away...

Patrick Dixon
2005-08-04, 11:38
Nah, can't be Sean - no male would ever drive a car like that .... unless they cut hair of course.

Marc Sherman
2005-08-04, 11:50
kevin wrote:
> Apparently Sean can't park. There was a slashdot story yesterday about
> Yahoo, and there was a link to a page about how people at Yahoo can't
> park their cars. Follow the chain:

You know, a pony would have fit in those compact spots... :)

- Marc

stinkingpig
2005-08-04, 20:55
Marc Sherman wrote:
> kevin wrote:
>
>> Apparently Sean can't park. There was a slashdot story yesterday about
>> Yahoo, and there was a link to a page about how people at Yahoo can't
>> park their cars. Follow the chain:
>
>
> You know, a pony would have fit in those compact spots... :)
>
> - Marc

to be fair, the Yahoo! Santa Clara parking lots are weird. Crowded is to
be expected in the 1990's Santa Clara buildings.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
"If this is Paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower." -- The Talking Heads

docbee
2005-08-04, 23:38
Hi, if it's Sean's car we should no longer worry about slim devices financial situation as done in a separate thread :-)))

chris
2005-08-04, 23:53
Okay, so how do we get a sticker?? :)

Todd Fields
2005-08-05, 07:14
--- chris <chris.1ta49n (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> Okay, so how do we get a sticker?? :)

Didn't they send those out with the players at one time? I seem
to remember getting something like that once. Not sure though,
I've killed most of those brain cells since then. :)

Jacob Potter
2005-08-05, 07:49
On 8/5/05, Todd Fields <jtfields91 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:
> Didn't they send those out with the players at one time? I seem
> to remember getting something like that once. Not sure though,
> I've killed most of those brain cells since then. :)

I got a squarish black bumper sticker ("MP3 is not a crime") with my
SBG, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

- Jacob

seanadams
2005-08-05, 08:51
First of all, that is exactly where they told me to park.

Secondly, my car is NOT QUITE AS GAY as riding a pony around town.

Lastly, no, we never sent out those stickers. They are a vinyl cutout and a bit of work to stick on, but we could have a bunch made if people are interested. Pic:

http://www.seanadams.com/slim_sticker.jpg

Dan Goodinson
2005-08-05, 08:58
I'd be up for a sticker. If/when they are made up I'm guessing it will
be cool to post to the UK, right? Are you going to make them available
to buy from the website?

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of seanadams
Sent: 05 August 2005 16:51
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: Sean Adams caught red handed!



First of all, that is exactly where they told me to park.

Secondly, my car is NOT QUITE AS GAY as riding a pony around town.

Lastly, no, we never sent out those stickers. They are a vinyl cutout
and a bit of work to stick on, but we could have a bunch made if people
are interested. Pic:

http://www.seanadams.com/slim_sticker.jpg


--
seanadams

wr420
2005-08-05, 09:05
Humm..
Lets see. Yahoo has an online music subscription service.
I imagine they use DRM.
Lots of people want to play DRM on squeezebox.
Sean caught at yahoo.
Hummm..

The information contained in this e-mail is strictly confidential and for the
intended use of the addressee only; it may also be legally privileged and/or
price sensitive. Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, use or copying
of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. All e-mail sent to this
address will be received by Acacia Pacific Holding's e-mail system and is
subjected to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient.

Acacia Pacific Holdings has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We accept no
liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and
advise you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

fcm4711
2005-08-06, 04:18
I'd love to put a Slim Devices sticker on my car.
Thanks,
Felix

chris
2005-08-06, 12:25
Yeah, I'd like one too ..

pfarrell
2005-08-06, 12:34
On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 12:25 -0700, chris wrote:
> Yeah, I'd like one too ..

The very nice and expensive Mercedes Benz?
or a sticker?



--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

chris
2005-08-07, 10:30
Wouldn't swap my car for that Merc for the world!!

dean
2005-08-09, 20:27
I'm ordering a batch now. Email me directly <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>
if you want one and include your mailing address.

These are cut vinyl sticker, very nice looking but not too cheap, so
please only ask if you:

1. Promise to put it on your vehicle so others can see.
2. Promise not to park said vehicle like Sean does.

-dean


On Aug 6, 2005, at 4:18 AM, fcm4711 wrote:

>
> I'd love to put a Slim Devices sticker on my car.
> Thanks,
> Felix
>
>
> --
> fcm4711
>

mherger
2005-08-10, 11:47
Hmm...

> 1. Promise to put it on your vehicle so others can see.

I don't own a car, but a tandem.

> 2. Promise not to park said vehicle like Sean does.

Tandem's can be parked very smartly.

So what can I do to get a sticker anyway? Just in case Felix would ask for
one... I could stick it on my tandem's trailer!

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Chris Laplante
2005-08-28, 04:52
FYI, I got your sticker today (THANKS! Happy to advertise for a
company I believe in). You may want to change envelope styles, or
write do not bend on them as mine was bent quite a bit. The last S on
mine might not apply quite right as a result.

-Chris


On 8/9/05, dean blackketter <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:
> I'm ordering a batch now. Email me directly <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>
> if you want one and include your mailing address.
>
> These are cut vinyl sticker, very nice looking but not too cheap, so
> please only ask if you:
>
> 1. Promise to put it on your vehicle so others can see.
> 2. Promise not to park said vehicle like Sean does.
>
> -dean
>
>
> On Aug 6, 2005, at 4:18 AM, fcm4711 wrote:
>
> >
> > I'd love to put a Slim Devices sticker on my car.
> > Thanks,
> > Felix
> >
> >
> > --
> > fcm4711
> >

dean
2005-08-28, 07:33
Thanks for the feedback, I've forwarded this on to our shipping
engineers.


On Aug 28, 2005, at 4:52 AM, Chris Laplante wrote:

> FYI, I got your sticker today (THANKS! Happy to advertise for a
> company I believe in). You may want to change envelope styles, or
> write do not bend on them as mine was bent quite a bit. The last S on
> mine might not apply quite right as a result.
>
> -Chris
>
>
> On 8/9/05, dean blackketter <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:
>
>> I'm ordering a batch now. Email me directly <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>
>> if you want one and include your mailing address.
>>
>> These are cut vinyl sticker, very nice looking but not too cheap, so
>> please only ask if you:
>>
>> 1. Promise to put it on your vehicle so others can see.
>> 2. Promise not to park said vehicle like Sean does.
>>
>> -dean
>>
>>
>> On Aug 6, 2005, at 4:18 AM, fcm4711 wrote:
>>
>>
>>>
>>> I'd love to put a Slim Devices sticker on my car.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Felix
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> fcm4711
>>>

Bruce Hartley
2005-08-29, 13:42
would you post a sticker to the UK ?

p.s. Off Topic

I can't help it, I have to tell you all.

My wife had a baby yesterday, our first, a beautiful girl called Sophie.
If you like pictures of babies - http://www.brucehartley.com/

dean
2005-08-29, 13:49
Bruce,

Congratulations! Happy to send a sticker to you, you will likely get
one of the last.

Send your postal address directly to dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com

Thanks!

-dean

On Aug 29, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Bruce Hartley wrote:

>
> would you post a sticker to the UK ?
>
> p.s. Off Topic
>
> I can't help it, I have to tell you all.
>
> My wife had a baby yesterday, our first, a beautiful girl called
> Sophie.
> If you like pictures of babies - http://www.brucehartley.com/
>
>
> --
> Bruce Hartley
>

empty99
2009-11-14, 08:00
I'd be up for a sticker. If/when they are made up I'm guessing it will
be cool to post to the UK, right? Are you going to make them available
to buy from the website?

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of seanadams
Sent: 05 August 2005 16:51
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: Sean Adams caught red handed!



First of all, that is exactly where they told me to park.

Secondly, my car is NOT QUITE AS GAY as riding a pony around town.

Lastly, no, we never sent out those stickers. They are a vinyl cutout
and a bit of work to stick on, but we could have a bunch made if people
are interested. Pic:

http://www.seanadams.com/slim_sticker.jpg


--
seanadams

in my avatar but it's way too small to see, got it from the SB3 package. I would love to have a larger one to show off the "whacky company" that I loved!

Nonreality
2009-11-15, 02:27
Is it too late? I'd love one too.

MrSinatra
2009-11-15, 05:49
so riding a pony is gay huh? shetland or baloney?

sean and dean are great guys. i hope they enjoy the FRUITS of their labors.

;)

toby10
2009-11-15, 08:37
Wait till Sean sees this thread has been revived! :)

iPhone
2009-11-15, 13:06
Is it too late? I'd love one too.

This thread is over 4 years old. Think we all missed that train as it left the station a Looooonnngggggg time ago!

And as for Sean reading this revived tread, does anybody know if he even owns that car anymore?

seanadams
2009-11-15, 14:29
This thread is over 4 years old. Think we all missed that train as it left the station a Looooonnngggggg time ago!

And as for Sean reading this revived tread, does anybody know if he even owns that car anymore?

Long since upgraded to a 996, then a 997 TT :)

I only park that one on level surfaces.

fillmore
2009-11-15, 20:01
Long since upgraded to a 996, then a 997 TT :)
my c6 z06 would kill it.

seanadams
2009-11-16, 01:14
my c6 z06 would kill it.

Uh, you might have a chance up to the first turn...

But I have all wheel drive and proven off-roading experience.

lrossouw
2009-11-16, 03:13
Have you seen the youtube video of the Bugatti Veigron (spelling?) heading for the water.

Drivers seems to have thought he could drive off road and on water...

lrossouw
2009-11-16, 06:56
Found the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtY1GMPfadI&feature=player_embedded

iPhone
2009-11-16, 08:21
Long since upgraded to a 996, then a 997 TT :)

I only park that one on level surfaces.

With the amount of time that had passed, I had assumed and figured you had moved on to a newer and/or more powerful vehicle.

Nice ride, but I would keep the off-roading to a minimum.

seanadams
2009-11-16, 10:17
Found the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtY1GMPfadI&feature=player_embedded

Nice - I saw the original news story but didn't realize the crash was caught on tape. What an idiot... talking on the phone and just drove right off the road.