PDA

View Full Version : SlimServer / LinkStation



JonM
2005-08-03, 16:30
Hello,

Hope someone here can help, running the above with no problems until I installed the 6.2 nightly for 03/08.

Now if I rescan Playlists then SS barfs. I have tried going back till the nightly for the 28/07 but still no joy.


Anyone have any ideas?

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 16:36
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>Now if I rescan Playlists then SS barfs. I have tried going back till
>the nightly for the 28/07 but still no joy.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

What is the error you see when rescanning playlists?

-D
--
<weezyl> $6.66: The Value Meal of the Beast.

JonM
2005-08-03, 16:53
no error, SS just quits.

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 17:01
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>no error, SS just quits.

Can you run SS in the foreground?

IE: perl /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl ?

-D
--
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

JonM
2005-08-03, 17:22
not a unix bod really but will give it a go

JonM
2005-08-03, 17:34
OK it barfs with:

Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at /mnt/slimserver/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 767.

means nothing to me!!!

Ah well

JonM
2005-08-03, 17:42
Should I have posted this in the beta forum?

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 17:42
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>OK it barfs with:
>
>Can't call method "id" on an undefined value at
>/mnt/slimserver/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 767.
>
>means nothing to me!!!

Looks like you're running the 6.2 beta nightly?

A fix for this has gone in today, and will be in tonight's nightly build.

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 17:47
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>Should I have posted this in the beta forum?

Probably - but you didn't know where the problem was. So. :)

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

JonM
2005-08-03, 17:51
OK, but it didn't do this say 4 days ago I have have been running nightly builds since I had the Squeezebox2 which I have had for about 3 weeks.

Do you know the last build that didn't exhibit this problem?

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 17:57
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>OK, but it didn't do this say 4 days ago I have have been running
>nightly builds since I had the Squeezebox2 which I have had for about 3
>weeks.
>
>Do you know the last build that didn't exhibit this problem?

It was introduced last night. The night before will be ok, as will tonight's.

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

JonM
2005-08-03, 18:06
Hi, I tried the 02/08 Nightly and the 01/08 and got the same problem.

and I just noticed that if I right arrow on the squeezebox at the Playing Now entry there is a thin line running the length of the display. Is that due to the build or is there something wrong with my squeezebox?

JonM
2005-08-03, 18:21
Just tried the 01/08 Nightly again and it does the same thing.

Does this mean that there is another problem?

Dan Sully
2005-08-03, 18:35
* JonM shaped the electrons to say...

>Just tried the 01/08 Nightly again and it does the same thing.
>
>Does this mean that there is another problem?

The nightly I'm speaking of will be generated tonight, IE: 04/08/2005

-D
--
"You can usually recover from production flaws...but you can never recover from a bad design".

JonM
2005-08-04, 03:17
Hi,

Just installed the 04/08 nightly and the same thing happens, SS barfs with:

"Can't call method "namesort" on an undefined value at /mnt/slimserver/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 1502, <GEN12> line 10"

Also, there is still a thin line running along the bottom of the VFD when you push right from "Playing Now" on the Squeezebox2.

I have tried the nightly builds from the 31/07, 01/08, 02/08, 03/08, and 04/08. All exibit the same problems.

So, what was last release you think didn't exhibit this problem and where can I download that from?

Do you think something is not right somewhere else?

JonM
2005-08-04, 03:39
Just tried 30/07 nightly and get this when it falls over,

"2005-08-04 11:37:22.9472 wipeAllData: Wiped all in-memory caches.
DBD::SQLite::db prepare_cached failed: no such column: contributors(1) at dbdimp.c line 268 at /mnt/slimserver/CPAN/Ima/DBI.pm line 391, <GEN12> line 4.DBD::SQLite::db prepare_cached failed: no such column: contributors(1) at dbdimp.c line 268 at/mnt/slimserver/CPAN/Ima/DBI.pm line 391, <GEN12> line 4"

JonM
2005-08-04, 06:48
OK, now I am not a happy camper.

Removed 04/08 Nightly, removed the slimserversql.db and the prefs files.

Installed the 02/08 Nightly and now when SS comes to scan the library it on find about 1000 of the 2500 tracks?

It was fine before, anyone any ideas on to what is going on?

kdf
2005-08-04, 09:56
Quoting JonM <JonM.1t8stb (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> OK, now I am not a happy camper.
>
> Removed 04/08 Nightly, removed the slimserversql.db and the prefs
> files.
>
> Installed the 02/08 Nightly and now when SS comes to scan the library
> it on find about 1000 of the 2500 tracks?
>
> It was fine before, anyone any ideas on to what is going on?

if you are using 6.2 nightlies, learn to live with some builds not working. it
is the experimental build right now. If you want stable, please use the 6.1.2
nightlies. Those should not be breaking to this extent.

-kdf

kdf
2005-08-04, 09:58
Quoting JonM <JonM.1t8j3b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Hi,
>
> Just installed the 04/08 nightly and the same thing happens, SS barfs
> with:
>
> "Can't call method "namesort" on an undefined value at
> /mnt/slimserver/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 1502, <GEN12> line
> 10"
>
change DBIStore.pm line 1502 to this:
my $primary_contributor = defined($contributors->[0]) ?
$contributors->[0]->namesort :
((defined($albumObj) && defined($albumObj->contributor)) ?
$albumObj->contributor->namesort : '');

should get you past that error.

> Also, there is still a thin line running along the bottom of the VFD
> when you push right from "Playing Now" on the Squeezebox2.

likely that's the visualiser. try pressing now playing a few times to change
modes.

JonM
2005-08-04, 10:17
I nave no problems with errors, I was just passing on the information I had. Dan Sully said that the previous Nightly didn't have the problem, I was just saying it has. Also passing on that the scan library only found half my files when before it found them all.

Robin Bowes
2005-08-05, 02:01
JonM wrote:
> I nave no problems with errors, I was just passing on the information I
> had. Dan Sully said that the previous Nightly didn't have the problem,
> I was just saying it has. Also passing on that the scan library only
> found half my files when before it found them all.

Jon,

Just a suggestion, but if you are regularly downloading nightly builds
you might find it easier to use the subversion archive.

Some details here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_resources.html#subversion

Basically, all you do is install subversion, then use:

cd /some/path
svn co http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/trunk

....to check out the latest code.

This will create /some/path/trunk

The slimserver code is in /some/path/trunk/server

Instead of downloading a nightly, all you have to do to update is:

cd /some/path/trunk
svn up

R.