X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrahameP
    • Aug 2005

CDs with 'hidden' tracks - suggestion

Hi,

Only got my SB2 this week, but very impressed so far.

One option I would like to see (if feasible) is the ability to skip over more than 10 seconds (configurable) of silence in a track to remove the huge amounts of silence used to 'hide' an extra song at the end of the last track in many albums. The idea would be that if during the track there was a period of silence exceeding the configured limit then the server would scan forward to the next non-silence portion of the track and stream from there, or the next track if nothing found.

Cheers,
    Grahame.
  • Craig, James (IT)

CDs with 'hidden' tracks - suggestion

On CDs like this I have used MP3Cut to split the tracks into 2 separate
    MP3s

OK, it's not the 'original CD experience' but neither is skipping the
    silence...

James
    --------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Comment

• bflatmajor
      • Jun 2005

I'm just now starting to deal with this issue also. What I've done is to create a .wav file within EAC, then edit that file using eac to remove everything except the hidden track. So far, it works.

B

Comment

• Jeff52
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bflatmajor
        I'm just now starting to deal with this issue also. What I've done is to create a .wav file within EAC, then edit that file using eac to remove everything except the hidden track. So far, it works.

B
        To save the step of having to edit the .wav file, you could use the EAC feature Action - Copy Range to rip that portion of the track which contains audio.

Comment

Working...