Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy
    • Jul 2005

Squeezebox/Slim Server Mismatch

My Squeezebox is not displaying eveything that is in the database on my Slim Server, I know of one Artist that is displayed twice (both entries spelt the same) and one of the albums by that artist is not displayed at all (under either artist entry) no amount of rescanning makes any difference (with or without clearing the library). Is there any cached data on the Squeezebox that I could clear?

Any suggestions?

My set up is as follows: Windows Server 2003, Slim Server 6.1.1, Squeezebox 2
  • Guy
    • Jul 2005

ANyone got any ideas please? I've tried everything and this is really starting to bug me.

Comment

• mikerob
      • Jun 2005

Does the artist title contain accented characters?

I raised bug http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1877 for a problem where I was getting certain artist names duplicated (+ another issue which is different)

Tracks from the same artist were from different sources and it appears some tags were encoded differently.

A fix has just gone in for the bug and I'll be trying it out tonight.

Comment

• Patrick Dixon
        • Apr 2005

Ticking the clear library box when rescanning should clear the cache.

The cache file is called something like '.slimserversql.db' if you want to delete it manually. Windows 'search' should find it for you.

Can you browse the missing files through the slimserver interface?
        Have you checked the tags on the duplicated/missing entries?
        www.at-tunes.co.uk

Comment

• Guy
          • Jul 2005

The artist I have noticed the problem with is Röyksopp, so the accented character bug may be the cause of the problem. Everything is displayed correctly in Slim Server it's just the Squeezebox that has the duplicate entries and the missing album. Could you give me a link to download the fix when it is released please?

I have ticked the clear library box when rescanning and so far it hasn't made any difference but the problem is only with the Squeezebox, the Slim Server library seems fine so I'm not sure if this would make any difference. I can browse the files through Slim Server without any problems and I have checked the tags and they are OK.

Is it possible to do a hard reset of the Squeezebox?

Comment

• radish
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Guy
            The artist I have noticed the problem with is Röyksopp, so the accented character bug may be the cause of the problem.
            I have that artist in my collection but haven't noticed any issues. I'll check tonight.

Is it possible to do a hard reset of the Squeezebox?
            Yes, but I don't think it will help - all the menus etc are generated on the server, the player doesn't do much itself. Unplug the power, hold down Add, and plug it back in.
            http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric

Comment

• kdf
              NOT a Slim Devices Employee
              • Apr 2005

Re: Squeezebox/Slim Server Mismatch

Quoting radish <radish.1t5cqn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
              > Guy Wrote:
              > > The artist I have noticed the problem with is Röyksopp, so the accented
              > > character bug may be the cause of the problem.
              > >

> I have that artist in my collection but haven't noticed any issues.
              > I'll check tonight.

accented cahracter problems depend on the locale of the os used for ripping and
              tagging, as well as the locale for where the files are eventually stored, and
              the locale of the machine running slimserver. If these are not consistent,
              then there are potential problems. The latest nightly builds do address many
              existing problems, but possible not all. Guessing the path that a track has
              taken through mutliple locales is not an easy thing.

> >
              > > Is it possible to do a hard reset of the Squeezebox?

> Yes, but I don't think it will help - all the menus etc are generated
              > on the server, the player doesn't do much itself. Unplug the power,
              > hold down Add, and plug it back in.

and keep holding Add while you plug it it, then release (just to be perfectly
              clear).

I expect that your best hope for improvement, currently, is the latest builds
              and a complete refresh, with clear library checked.

-kdf

Comment

• Guy
                • Jul 2005

I've been trying lots of different stuff and I have made a bit of progress. After the hard reset the Squeezebox is displaying what I would expect and appears to be agreeing with the Slim Server. If I browse by album or by artist then everything appears to be fine. If I browse by genre then Röyksopp is listed twice. The last thing I tried was to turn off the 'Use MusicMagic' setting on the Server Settings page this has solved the problem completely. SO if MusicMagic is used for genre and title inforamtion it seems to cause duplicate database entries.

Could anyone tell me if the 'Use MusicMagic' setting on the Server Settings page is necessary to be able to generate MM mixes from the Squeezebox as I thought this was controlled through the Plugins section, the MM logo on my player has disappeared now this setting is disabled.

Comment

• kdf
                  NOT a Slim Devices Employee
                  • Apr 2005

Re: Squeezebox/Slim Server Mismatch

Quoting Guy <Guy.1t6vln (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Could anyone tell me if the 'Use MusicMagic' setting on the Server
                  > Settings page is necessary to be able to generate MM mixes from the
                  > Squeezebox as I thought this was controlled through the Plugins
                  > section, the MM logo on my player has disappeared now this setting is
                  > disabled.

It is absolutely required. If you are not 'using' musicmagic, then there is
                  simply no facility to generate teh mixes triggered by the MM links. What is
                  controlled via the plugins section is the enable or disable. Disabling is an
                  optimisation. If you know you dont have musicmagic, you can disable
                  specifically and prevent the server from asting 5 seconds to check, or waste a
                  section of the plugins page to show the musicmagic port setting.

-kdf

Comment

Working...