PDA

View Full Version : Problem with national characters in 6.1.1 and 6.1.2

mirage62
2005-07-29, 09:04
Hi,

Songs tagged / named with Danish letters Š ° and ň result in wrong / strange entrys in slimserver database.

I checked both the official 6.1.1 and the latest 6.1.2 version, it's the same. I run Win XP SP 2.

The song:
D:\Music\Various Artists - Magi I Luften - 1985\2\14 - Lis S°rensen - Mine ějne De Skal Se.mp3

ID3v2.3 tag info:
ARTIST=Lis S°rensen
ALBUM=Magi I Luften (Lis S°rensen)
SONG=Mine ějne De Skal Se

In slimserver:
Under albums listed under "2"
Under song listed as "14. Lis S (Various Artists - Magi I Luften - 1985) from 2"
Song info for "Lis S"
Title: "Lis S"
Artist: "Various Artists - Magi I Luften - 1985"
Album: "2"
Genre: "No Genre"
Track: "14"
File Format: "MP3"
Location: "D:\Music\Various Artists - Magi I Luften - 1985\2\14 - Lis S\xF8rensen - Mine \xD8jne De Skal Se (Hit).mp3"

The song is in a playlist as well. There has been som problems with this before.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Peter

IPGuy
2005-07-29, 12:23
A bug that has not yet been resolved. See: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14995

mirage62
2005-07-29, 21:40
Yes, you are right.

For seme reason later versions of slimserver reads m3u files present in the music dir, and tries to add these playlists via the guess-tag formats, and here national characters are messed up ??? (The m3u files are ok, plays in winamp / mediaplayer).

If I remove the guess-tag formats everything works again as far as I can see, but i'm not sure if these m3u files are added to the library somewhere ?

Peter

mirage62
2005-08-02, 00:29
Are there any chance of this being fixed soon ?

I don't know if it's a feature that slimserver now reads m3u playlists from the music folder, but if it is I would suggest that it was made optional in the server settings.

Thanks,
Peter

Craig, James (IT)
2005-08-02, 02:02
This might not be *exactly* the same problem but I find 6.1.2 is showing
songs with accented characters again as of Sunday's version.

James
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.