PDA

View Full Version : New skin for use with PDA



Dave
2005-07-29, 08:39
Hi there,

Because I didn't like handheld-skin very much, I created a new skin for Slimserver. Main feature is that it contains two (horizontally devided) frames. In this way you have a window for the player status and one for browsing.

Thought maybe other people may like it too...

BTW: I used a lot of code from other skins, especially the NBMU skin; so a large part of the credits go to them!

I attached a zip file that you can extract in your slimserver-directory. Feel free to make it better! Any questions can be put on the forum...

Todd Fields
2005-07-29, 08:55
--- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> Because I didn't like handheld-skin very much, I created a new
> skin for
> Slimserver. Main feature is that it contains two (horizontally

Perfect timing! I just got my Dell Axim and was going to try to
configure it this weekend with either one of the PDA skins or
Telcanto.

Any screenshots?

Todd Fields
2005-07-29, 08:57
--- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:


> http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216|

Also, I downloaded the Zip file, however, when I tried to use
WinZip to open I got an error message stating that the file was
not a valid archive.

ackcheng
2005-07-29, 09:01
Thanks! That's really good. This is exactly what i am looking for!! The only problem is that when i browse artwork and click on the thunbnail, it enters the screen with the picture and a list of songs underneath. However, the title of the songs align to the right edge of the pictures, making it difficult to see!

Thanks thanks thanks!!!

Neil Sleightholm
2005-07-29, 09:42
That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse Albums" rather than the home page.

Neil

Dave
2005-07-29, 10:10
Thanks! That's really good. This is exactly what i am looking for!! The only problem is that when i browse artwork and click on the thunbnail, it enters the screen with the picture and a list of songs underneath. However, the title of the songs align to the right edge of the pictures, making it difficult to see!

Thanks thanks thanks!!!
I never use browse artwork myself, so that was not my focus; anyway, I'll look into it for the weekend...

Dave
2005-07-29, 10:13
That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse Albums" rather than the home page.

Neil

Radio section, hmmm... (I'll try to give it a shot, but please be patient)

"Browse Artist" (not albums) is default by design (I like it that way).

Dave
2005-07-29, 10:16
--- Dave <Dave.1sxtwn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:


> http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216|

Also, I downloaded the Zip file, however, when I tried to use
WinZip to open I got an error message stating that the file was
not a valid archive.
When I (and other obviously) downlaod it, it seems valid. Maybe another unzipper does the trick (I use winrar).

Patrick Dixon
2005-07-29, 10:20
I think on another thread, people had problems downloading zip files from this forum using IE - try another browser to download. Firefox is good.

kdf
2005-07-29, 11:03
Quoting Dave <Dave.1sxyb1 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Neil Sleightholm Wrote:
> > That looks good but it seems to be missing the Radio section (or I'm
> > being thick and missing it). Also, mine seems to default to "Browse
> > Albums" rather than the home page.
> >
> > Neil
>
> Radio section, hmmm... (I'll try to give it a shot, but please be
> patient)

add this to home.html:

[% IF additionalLinks.radio %] <h4>[% "RADIO" | string %]</h4>
<ul>
[% FOREACH key = additionalLinks.radio.keys %]
<li> <a href="[% additionalLinks.radio.$key %]player=[% player | uri %]">[%
key | string %]</a>
</li>
[% END %]
</ul>
[% END %]

-kdf

Neil Sleightholm
2005-07-29, 11:44
Thanks kdf, I know I'm picky but it is actually:
[% IF additionalLinks.radio %] <h4><font color="#999999">[% "RADIO" | string %]</font></h4>
<ul>
[% FOREACH key = additionalLinks.radio.keys %]
<li> <a href="[% additionalLinks.radio.$key %]player=[% player | uri %]">[%
key | string %]</a>
</li>
[% END %]
</ul>
[% END %]

(Note: the <font> tags)

Incidently the PLUGINS section is missing a </font> before the </h4>.

It almost works with AlienBBC but need to cleanup the templates a bit.

Dave, as you say it is "Browse Artist", not my preference but easily edited!

Neil

kdf
2005-07-29, 12:12
Quoting Neil Sleightholm <Neil.Sleightholm.1sy2gz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:


> (Note: the <font> tags)

yeah, I hadn't actually looked at the skin when I originally posted :)

As mentioned, its borrowed a fair bit from NBMU, which also lacks the radio
updates. Not all skins are actively maintained. I guess the authors lose
interest , or think that once they have been merged into core code, that it is
no longer something they can do.

The very thing you point out, is partly why the skins are best maintained by the
original authors, as it isn't always a simple cut and paste from one skin to
another :)

-kdf

Dave
2005-07-30, 14:53
TThe only problem is that when i browse artwork and click on the thunbnail, it enters the screen with the picture and a list of songs underneath. However, the title of the songs align to the right edge of the pictures, making it difficult to see!

Thanks thanks thanks!!!

This problem is fixed and the Radiosection is added to the home-menu in this new version (see attachment).