PDA

View Full Version : Help with SlimServer on Server 2003

RogerNorris
2005-07-28, 07:25
I have a server running MS Server 2003 and can remotely access it via a browser ok to get to the SqueezeBox page. However, I cannot change any of the values when I click any of the CHANGE buttons. My music directory os on the same box and this has been fully shared ok. Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,

Roger

JJZolx
2005-07-28, 09:30
I have a server running MS Server 2003 and can remotely access it via a browser ok to get to the SqueezeBox page. However, I cannot change any of the values when I click any of the CHANGE buttons. My music directory os on the same box and this has been fully shared ok. Can anyone help please?

Check file and directory permissions of the SlimServer installation directory as well as those of the music directory. You don't need to share the music directory if SlimServer is running on the same machine.

Are you running the service using a user account or the default SYSTEM account? If you're running the service as a user, make sure that at a minimum the user has WRITE permission on the SlimServer folder, WRITE permission on your designated playlist directory, and READ permission for the music directory.

oreillymj
2005-07-29, 06:50
Does the UI work when accessing it remotely or are you having problems when running it from IE on the server?

IE on W2k3 runs in a high security mode which disables a lot of the riskier parts of IE.

I wouldn't have thought that this could be affecting th UI as there isn't anything that special going on apart from frames, but it might my worth adding the site the list of IE's trusted sites.

This will pace it in the the Low security zone and everything should run fine there.