PDA

View Full Version : Lost directory info 6.1.2 SB2



tim
2005-07-25, 06:33
Hi,
Just upgraded to 6.1.2. Not happy. When I use the remote to browse the
music folder, some of the directroies are empty. I see "file format" on the
display instead of the folder contents. It worked fine with 6.0.2.
--tim

dean
2005-07-25, 07:19
Tim,

It sounds like SlimServer is confusing the folders with a file format
it doesn't understand...

Some questions:

Are these regular folders or are they shortcuts/aliases/symbolic
links? Can you post the names of some of the folders that have the
issue?

Also, what operating system are you using? (If its Windows, had you
changed the user that was running the slim.exe service when you
installed previously, per <http://firebook-2.local/www/
su_faq.html#troubleshooting-sharedvolume>?

-dean



On Jul 25, 2005, at 6:33 AM, tim wrote:

> Hi,
> Just upgraded to 6.1.2. Not happy. When I use the remote to
> browse the
> music folder, some of the directroies are empty. I see "file
> format" on the
> display instead of the folder contents. It worked fine with 6.0.2.
> --tim
>
>
>
>

tim
2005-07-25, 07:31
These are regular folders
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\2002\Chrysalis
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\Michael
Bublé\Michael Bublé
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\Shao
Rong\Orchid

Its Windows XP SP2
I am not using shared volumes

(P.S. Can you tell me how to "downgrade firmware" I'd like to revert back
to 6.0.2)
--tim




"dean blackketter" <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote in
message news:4DDDCF47-2056-443B-870E-34DF2510DF87 (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com...
> Tim,
>
> It sounds like SlimServer is confusing the folders with a file format it
> doesn't understand...
>
> Some questions:
>
> Are these regular folders or are they shortcuts/aliases/symbolic links?
> Can you post the names of some of the folders that have the issue?
>
> Also, what operating system are you using? (If its Windows, had you
> changed the user that was running the slim.exe service when you installed
> previously, per
> <http://firebook-2.local/www/su_faq.html#troubleshooting-sharedvolume>?
>
> -dean
>
>
>
> On Jul 25, 2005, at 6:33 AM, tim wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Just upgraded to 6.1.2. Not happy. When I use the remote to browse the
>> music folder, some of the directroies are empty. I see "file format" on
>> the
>> display instead of the folder contents. It worked fine with 6.0.2.
>> --tim
>>
>>
>>
>>

tim
2005-07-25, 08:03
These are regular folders
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\2002\Chrysalis
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\Michael
Bublé\Michael Bublé
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Mellow\Shao
Rong\Orchid

Its Windows XP SP2
I am not using shared volumes

(P.S. Can you tell me how to "downgrade firmware" I'd like to revert back
to version 14)

--tim
>
>
>
>
> "dean blackketter" <dean (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote in
> message
> news:4DDDCF47-2056-443B-870E-34DF2510DF87 (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com...
>> Tim,
>>
>> It sounds like SlimServer is confusing the folders with a file format it
>> doesn't understand...
>>
>> Some questions:
>>
>> Are these regular folders or are they shortcuts/aliases/symbolic links?
>> Can you post the names of some of the folders that have the issue?
>>
>> Also, what operating system are you using? (If its Windows, had you
>> changed the user that was running the slim.exe service when you
>> installed previously, per
>> <http://firebook-2.local/www/su_faq.html#troubleshooting-sharedvolume>?
>>
>> -dean
>>
>>
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2005, at 6:33 AM, tim wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Just upgraded to 6.1.2. Not happy. When I use the remote to browse
>>> the
>>> music folder, some of the directroies are empty. I see "file format"
>>> on the
>>> display instead of the folder contents. It worked fine with 6.0.2.
>>> --tim
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

tim
2005-07-25, 08:57
Okay,
I figured out how to downgrade the firmwear by editing the squeezebox.version file. I'm now running 6.0.2 with version 11.

Guess What? Now *ALL* of my music is missing from the "Browse Music Folder" menu. I see "Music Folder (1 of 34)", But the next line is blank. Each subfolder says "Empty" Great. Lets try a rescan, but, oh wait..., that bombs the server. So I guess for now I'm at your mercy.

Please advise, I'll cool off. Thanks

--tim

XP Pro
Firefox
6.0.2 firmwear 11
No symbolic linked directories

dean
2005-07-25, 09:09
On Jul 25, 2005, at 8:57 AM, tim wrote:
> I figured out how to downgrade the firmwear by editing the
> squeezebox.version file. I'm now running 6.0.2 with version 11.
You can force an upgrade at any time by pressing and holding the
BRIGHTNESS button.

> Guess What? Now *ALL* of my music is missing from the "Browse Music
> Folder" menu. I see "Music Folder (1 of 34)", But the next line is
> blank. Each subfolder says "Empty" Great. Lets try a rescan,
> but, oh
> wait..., that bombs the server. So I guess for now I'm at your mercy.
>
> Please advise, I'll cool off. Thanks
>
> --tim
>
> XP Pro
> Firefox
> 6.0.2 firmwear 11
> No symbolic linked directories
The crash from the rescan is probably a good hint as to what's going
on. Try that and see if it crashes again. If it does, then please
look in your Events log and see if there's an event with details
about what happened.

tim
2005-07-25, 18:24
Okay, Here's the dump from the even viewer:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source
( Application ) cannot be found. The local
computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display
messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part
of the event: Can't deflate track:
file:////office/documents/Rips is not a Slim::DataStores::DBI::LightWeightTrack at
C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/Class/DBI/Relationship/HasA.pm line 87.

I've removed the "shortcut" or symbolic link pointing toward the networked office computer. restarted the server, rescaned, and it still crashes.

I upgraded to 6.2b1 (07-25-2005). Its been rescanning my 11,000 mp3's for 2 hours now, but no crashing. Looks like all the music is there.

IPGuy
2005-07-26, 07:16
Looking at the folders listed above you are having problems with, you may be experiencing this unresolved bug http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14995

Dan Sully
2005-07-26, 14:46
Tim - can you recreate this?

If so - what steps do you take?

Thanks.

* tim shaped the electrons to say...

>
>Okay, Here's the dump from the even viewer:
>The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source
>( Application ) cannot be found. The local
>computer may not have the necessary registry
>information or message DLL files to display
>messages from a remote computer. You may be
>able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
>this description; see Help and Support for
>details. The following information is part
>of the event: Can't deflate track:
>file:////office/documents/Rips is not a
>Slim::DataStores::DBI::LightWeightTrack at
>C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/Class/DBI/Relationship/HasA.pm
>line 87.

-D
--
vacation (n) : an extended trip away from home in search of inconvenient ways to connect to the Internet.

tim
2005-07-27, 07:46
Well,
I would try a couple of things to recreate the problem:

Share a network directory and create a shorcut to that directory in your slimserver music library. Run Slimserver as the Administrator. Rescan your library to pick it up. Run slimserver as a local user under XP. Delete the shared directory, but not the shortcut. Browse albums, or rescan.

I won't have time to recreate the problem. It's running fine now. Hope it helps.
--tim