PDA

View Full Version : Deleting favorites?

Zach Anthony
2005-07-25, 02:43
Is there a way to delete favorites other than returning to the playlist/item and using the right arrow to delete?

All of my favorites which are based on playlists (all streams in this case) have become confused somehow: all show the same source and none of them that actually are favorites will let me delete using the method described above. I've rescanned the playlists numerous times but it hasn't fixed the problem. Favorites which are based on items under Internet Radio (e.g. a radioio.com stream) are note effected.

I'm using the 6.2 nightly build from July 23.

Also, a couple of feature suggestions: it would be nice to have some access to favorites in a menu (either in the web gui or the remote) so you could clear them, change their numbers, etc. It would also be good if when deleting favorites all subsequent favorites didn't shift up one number (e.g. delete fave 1 and fave 2 becomes fave 1, fave 3 becomes fave 2, etc.). And finally I'm not quite sure why you can add favorites beyond 9 - how do you press and hold '10'?

dean
2005-07-25, 06:26
On Jul 25, 2005, at 2:43 AM, Zach Anthony wrote:
> Is there a way to delete favorites other than returning to the
> playlist/item and using the right arrow to delete?
Navigate to Home -> Plugins -> Favorites -> the favorite, then press
RIGHT and scroll to choose to delete.

> Also, a couple of feature suggestions: it would be nice to have some
> access to favorites in a menu (either in the web gui or the remote) so
> you could clear them, change their numbers, etc.
A web interface to favorites would be a great enhancement. I filed
a bug, 1870 for this.

> It would also be good
> if when deleting favorites all subsequent favorites didn't shift up
> one
> number (e.g. delete fave 1 and fave 2 becomes fave 1, fave 3 becomes
> fave 2, etc.).
Interesting idea, seems reasonable as long as there's a web interface
to be able to edit the favorites.

> And finally I'm not quite sure why you can add favorites
> beyond 9 - how do you press and hold '10'?
Alas, there isn't a 10 button, but you can navigate back to the
Favorites menu. It might help you to visit the web interface for
player settings and move Favorites to the top level home menu.

Zach Anthony
2005-07-28, 05:44
Thanks for the help Dean. I've deleted all my faves and re-added, and they all work correctly now.

With regard to favorites numbering and editing, perhaps the simplest change (from a UI perspective, anyway) would be to simply let the user select the fave number when adding a new item? If fave #1 had been previously deleted, the fave numbers for other items could just be retained, and when adding a new one, the user could choose from all empty faves, which would include 1.

I suppose that in practice not many people would have more than 10 faves anyway, so maybe my last point is effectively a non-issue.

Cheers,

Z.