PDA

View Full Version : "New" SB2 (UK) - Does This seem used to you?

Dick Sternum
2005-07-22, 10:50
Ordered a SB2 online recently to supliment my 2 existing SB's. It arrived today, and looks and works fine, but I really think that the player has been used:

There was no outer "Slim Devices" packaging that the other two came on - just the white inner cardboard box. The tape seal on this box has been cut. The batteries were already in the remote and not separately sealed. No network Cable was present, nor the audio cable - this is not big deal to me as I have enough of both already, am using it wirelessly and via digital output, but still. Best of all, the player was already configured with a SSID (no security), IP address from DHCP (not the 169 address either), and the address of a SlimServer.

Am I being really silly or does this seem used to anyone else too, before I go and talk to the supplier.

Simon Still
2005-07-22, 10:59
No, that sounds used to me. I've had 4 SB's delivered in total and
they've all had the batteries sealed and out of the remote.

The last one (or maybe both 2's) didn't have the coloured outer but
i'm pretty sure they were both taped shut.

On 7/22/05, Dick Sternum
<Dick.Sternum.1sl1hn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>

> Am I being really silly or does this seem used to anyone else too,
> before I go and talk to the supplier.

>

Dick Sternum
2005-07-22, 11:04
[/color]
No, that sounds used to me. I've had 4 SB's delivered in total and
they've all had the batteries sealed and out of the remote.

>

Thought so - I'll be having a chat with the suppliers Monday.

vidurapparao
2005-07-22, 12:39
It's possible that the reseller may have opened the unit and powered it up as a test. The thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14783 describes a problem that has since been fixed in production, but I can believe that the reseller was just checking.

This is just speculation on my part. Feel free, of course, to call the reseller to confirm.

Fifer
2005-07-22, 12:49
My (UK) SB2 didn't have the printed outer sleeve that the SB1 came in, and there's no network cable provided with the wireless model (says so on the website). I did get an audio cable though, it was underneath the cardboard inner packaging. I do suspect that your supplier might have been checking for the 'internal connector coming dislodged in shipping' issue though. I wouldn't worry unless the SB or remote are physically marked.