PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Remote Users

danny6869
2005-07-17, 19:45
Any harmony remote users out there know/remember how to setup their squeezebox on the remote, while making it think it's a multi-disc changer? I wrote a plugin for slim server that will create a CSV file for importing into your harmony remote that gives you quick/instant access to particular playlists/albums via one touch of the LCD buttons...but for the life of me, I can't find how/where to modify the squeezebox to allow for multi-disc usage.

Hopefully someone our there can lend a hand...I hope I didn't write this plugin for nothing!

(The plugin basically allows you to punch in a 4 digit disc number like 0001, and the squeezebox plays a specified playlist from that number)

Anyways...any help is appreciated here.

Danny Rego

Kevin O. Lepard
2005-07-18, 10:41
>Any harmony remote users out there know/remember how to setup their
>squeezebox on the remote, while making it think it's a multi-disc
>changer?

When I did the setup, there was an option for "music server" or
something of that nature that I used. It was a little tricky to find
but it was there. It's been long enough that I don't explicitly
remember the details.

HTH

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard
kolepard (AT) charter (DOT) net

Happiness is being 100% Microsoft free.

danny6869
2005-07-18, 10:45
Re: [slim] Harmony Remote UsersI know that I've seen it before as well, but for some reason, I'm not able to find it again...I'll keep poking, but hopefully someone will have the info before I go completely insane.

Danny Rego

----- Original Message -----
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [slim] Harmony Remote Users

Any harmony remote users out there know/remember how to setup their squeezebox on the remote, while making it think it's a multi-disc changer?

When I did the setup, there was an option for "music server" or something of that nature that I used. It was a little tricky to find but it was there. It's been long enough that I don't explicitly remember the details.

HTH

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard
kolepard (AT) charter (DOT) net

Happiness is being 100% Microsoft free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------